La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
drH

#71: Post by drH »

espressoren wrote:Thanks for the measurements.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I must be crazy because I went for the red! I'm just going to assume that the burning smell thing will be explored well within the next week or two, well before mine ships.

Red is such a festive color. I always like the red color of my Maximatic - maybe it's the better choice!

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#72: Post by rhtrevino »

I emailed LM support to inquire about postponing my order and mentioned the smell as a concern. Here's what I got back.
La Marzocco Support wrote: I would recommend keeping your order in place as we are rectifying the stinky machine(lol) issue. We are aware of the issue and are fixing it before sending out the machines. All of the machines will be checked for the issue by our quality assurance team before they head to customers now. The smell does dissipate after a few hours of use, and we believe has something to do with adhesive in one section of the machine which we are fixing.
So I kept the order on this encouraging news.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#73: Post by yakster »

That's good news. QA should do a short burn-in on the new machines just to weed out any infant mortality issues.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

espressoren

#74: Post by espressoren »

That does sound good. Glad they are so transparent about it, they clearly know what's at stake as far as customer satisfaction.

Looks like there is no plumbing kit for it yet? I'm guessing at least for the water line you could use some sort of standard hose like one for a dish washer or water filter, maybe a 1/4" FIPS?

mctrials23

#75: Post by mctrials23 »

Fingers crossed they will explain what the smell is and if its just a case of leaving it for a few days/weeks to dissipate. The only other issue is that the cup tray rattles a lot with mugs on it when pulling shots and my lunar scales don't sit flat on the drip tray grate. Either side of the centre is fine but where you actually want them when pulling a shot isn't flat.

So far, not massively impressed with the quality control on these considering the price...

NewCoffeeGuy1

#76: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Can you say more about the scale not sitting flat? The pix in the first review in the thread make it seem flat, including one with a scale right in the middle.

Also another poster said turning their cups right side up reduced the rattle quite a bit iirc.

coffeenewb56 (original poster)

#77: Post by coffeenewb56 (original poster) replying to NewCoffeeGuy1 »

The first photos are from me. I've pulled maybe 8 shots so far with my Acaia Lunar and haven't noticed any issues. One difference between using in here compared to my rocket is that the rocket has a relatively smooth/flat drip tray while the Micra has one with slots meaning it's possible for the scales feet to nudge between the slots. This hasn't really affected anything though other than me noticing it. The scale fares and works just fine and nothing is slanted to my knowledge.

rmag

#78: Post by rmag »

La Marzocco Support wrote: I would recommend keeping your order in place as we are rectifying the stinky machine(lol) issue. We are aware of the issue and are fixing it before sending out the machines. All of the machines will be checked for the issue by our quality assurance team before they head to customers now. The smell does dissipate after a few hours of use, and we believe has something to do with adhesive in one section of the machine which we are fixing.
Vindication! I knew I wasn't crazy hah

mctrials23

#79: Post by mctrials23 »

Will try turning the cups the right way up. Just doesn't look quite right like that IMO.

In reference to the scales, I have the 2 rails that raise the scale by about 0.5mm on the bottom but they are perpendicular to the rails on the tray so there is no issue there. Its pretty clear its the central bar that is the issue. If I put the scale full on one side or the others its perfect. Its only in the centre that there is an issue.

coffeenewb56 (original poster)

#80: Post by coffeenewb56 (original poster) replying to mctrials23 »

I'll take another look next time I pull a shot. Here's a video I posted previously with my setup and I don't notice any issue placing the scale on the middle beam.