La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 66

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
meshkaffe

#651: Post by meshkaffe »

Jaroslav wrote:As I'd hoped. I certainly don't complain that they don't :wink:
2:20
flyingtoaster wrote:You mean a Honda Civic Type R? Every other espresso machine is boring chrome.
Never heard anyone refer to chrome as boring. Flat colors like matte black and especially white could be considered boring and safe if you had to categorize them.

LMMicra

#652: Post by LMMicra »

My first preferance was to buy the mirror polish version but I rememebered all the cleaning and scratches from previous machines so ended up with white. Wood kit next!

Advertisement
madgalaxy
Supporter ♡

#653: Post by madgalaxy »

I have been on the fence about buying the Micra, but when/if I do, it will be Yellow. Yellow... all... the... way!

-super-hans

#654: Post by -super-hans »

Any updates as to when the real plumb-in kit will be available? LM has language in their manual that basically says the warranty is voided if you don't install to their specifications, but there's no instructions for the plumb in

aspenextreme03

#655: Post by aspenextreme03 »

I heard from CS and they said something time year and if I were to guess it would be sometime late Q3. Hopefully not Q4 but anything can happen.

Barriwhite

#656: Post by Barriwhite »

The yellow, with the red LM tag, looks like it's retro Mc Donald's themed.

exidrion

#657: Post by exidrion »

My local retailer here in Canada told me the micra comes with a water testing kit - Can anyone in Canada confirm? I don't want to place an order and be afraid to put my current RO systems water in it if it isn't up to spec.

Advertisement
Barriwhite

#658: Post by Barriwhite »

I didn't get a test kit.

exidrion

#659: Post by exidrion »

I wonder why they would tell me it does :cry:

ATXrob

#660: Post by ATXrob »

Hi there, I have experimented quite a bit with the pre-brew and pre-infusion options and really prefer the pre-infusion option (that is achieved by tricking the Micra and selecting "Enable plumb-in" and then turning on the "Pre-infusion"...

My question is, are there any dangers in running it long-term in this "tricked" mode?? I do not have the machine plumbed and I really REALLY don't want to damage my new Micra...I specifically am curious if anyone knows if the pump will still automatically prime the boiler, like it does in the default "reservoir" mode?

Also, just incase anyone was wondering, using the regular mode and "pre-brew" mode, I was getting a slight light uneven foamy texture to my crema when pulling shots, however, utilizing the pre-infusion I appear to be producing a much more consistent thick and perfectly suspended crema, similar to with my old e61 setup.

Sorry if this has been answered, I attempted to search this topic prior to my ask :)

Thanks in advance!

Rob