La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 7

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
drgary
Team HB

#61: Post by drgary »

Also wet pucks noted earlier are a non-issue as far as taste is concerned.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

NewCoffeeGuy1

#62: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

mctrials23 wrote:Do you take me for an idiot :shock:
I have determined that asking my wife if I can open it 3+ weeks before Christmas in order to determine if it generates a burning smell is not a winning strategy given the price point :D

I'll just play dumb on 12/25. Shouldn't be too difficult.

rmag

#63: Post by rmag »

cannonfodder wrote:Yes.

Unless you have blue smoke rolling out the top, it is a pretty normal thing. These are also fresh off the floor so they have had no warehouse time to slowly out gas. Personally would not worry about it for a week. Now if there is blue smoke rolling out, then you have a problem.
Well I'll let everyone know what LM techs say saturday. For what it's worth, LM's rep told me my description was not normal and I was urged not to turn the machine back on.

espressoren

#64: Post by espressoren »

Watching this thread eagerly as I'm trying to decide if I should move on from my Barista Touch. I want something plumbable and more manual, slightly smaller would be nice, and no integrated grinder. As I mentioned in the other thread I think I'm down to this or the Bianca V3, both roughly in the same price ballpark but you trade flow control for some useful features like the auto wake, faster warm up and for me a usable top shelf while under cabinet.

Can any owner confirm that if this is plumbed you can enable preinfusion? This seemed possible via the app on Lance's review but of course he didn't test it and I wondered if this might be an app holdover from another model as it's not explicitly mentioned on the specs as far as I can see. I know it does pre-brew either way but more interested in the preinfusion at line pressure.

espressoren

#65: Post by espressoren »

Also would be interested to confirm dimensions, is the 12" wide measured at the base or the flared top?

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#66: Post by nsgymd replying to espressoren »

10 1/4" wide at drip tray
11 5/16" at cup tray

drH
Supporter ♡

#67: Post by drH »

rmag wrote:Well I'll let everyone know what LM techs say saturday. For what it's worth, LM's rep told me my description was not normal and I was urged not to turn the machine back on.
Yes please let us know. There is certainly a chance that it's "normal" in the sense that it's not harmful and will dissipate on its own. But it's definitely worth being careful and doing the right investigation.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#68: Post by cannonfodder »

rmag wrote:Well I'll let everyone know what LM techs say saturday. For what it's worth, LM's rep told me my description was not normal and I was urged not to turn the machine back on.
Always trust the experts. I have had my share of 'stink up the house' equipment. Everyone has a different sensitivity to aromas and tastes. Be interesting to hear what they find.
Dave Stephens

poison

#69: Post by poison »

:D Wise man. A veritable double black belt in marriage and spro'ology.

espressoren

#70: Post by espressoren »

nsgymd wrote:10 1/4" wide at drip tray
11 5/16" at cup tray
Thanks for the measurements.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I must be crazy because I went for the red! I'm just going to assume that the burning smell thing will be explored well within the next week or two, well before mine ships.