La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 55

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JohnPK

#541: Post by JohnPK »

Thanks all. The original rubber gasket didn't need replacing. It worked just fine. I was able to pop it out without damaging it so I may put it back in. This was simply an attempt to get the PF to clock closer to 6 o'clock. Does that really make a big difference? No, it's purely an aesthetic thing but for $7 it was worth a shot. We're all tinkerers at heart, after all. :D

Jake_G
Team HB

#542: Post by Jake_G »

Yep.

The lugs on the Micra portafilter are thicker than my GS/3. The GS/3 PF locks in the Micra group around 5 o'clock and the Micra PF locks in the GS/3 group closer to 8 o'clock.

Also, the PF in the Micra does loosen up with use.

Micra-Micra

Micra-GS/3

GS/3-Micra

GS/3-GS/3

From how far the GS/3 portafilter locks into the Micra, I'd say the bayonet has more room for the chonky lugs on the Micra, as well.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#543: Post by baldheadracing »

JohnPK wrote:Thanks all. The original rubber gasket didn't need replacing. It worked just fine. I was able to pop it out without damaging it so I may put it back in. This was simply an attempt to get the PF to clock closer to 6 o'clock. Does that really make a big difference? No, it's purely an aesthetic thing but for $7 it was worth a shot. We're all tinkerers at heart, after all. :D
Ah. Good to hear. The review Micra that I am using locks in at six, but it has been thoroughly used by two previous reviewers. I also haven't tried a wide range of baskets (yet).

I think Silicone is a better material for the long run, especially if the machine is kept on for long periods of time.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#544: Post by rhtrevino »

baldheadracing wrote:There's also this one, which is bi-level like the original rubber gasket. I have no experience. https://caffewerks.com/collections/la-m ... oup-gasket
I had the caffewerks gasket and wouldn't recommend. It's a hair taller than the the cafelat and I had a tough time getting a good seal. It's also a bit stiffer. All around the cafelat has been a better option. I have not tried the LM gasket.

KanzaKruzer

#545: Post by KanzaKruzer »

3 Questions while I wait for my Micra
  • I was curious if the Micra allows pre-infusion or pre-brew with a tank only setup. Can you vary from 3-6 seconds?
  • Do most of you start your shot clock at the flip of the lever, or first drop?
  • Does the app allow you to run two Micras with different settings?
David

Jake_G
Team HB

#546: Post by Jake_G replying to KanzaKruzer »

• Pre-brewing is allowed with tank only setup. You have two timers that can each be programmed for up to 9.9 seconds: Pre-brewing on, and Pre-brewing off.

Pre-brewing On is the timer of how long to apply pump pressure to the puck before the 3 way valve opens and allows the puck to soak. Pre-brew Off is how long the 3 way valve stays open before it pressurizes the puck again for the main extraction.

Total shot duration is limited to 60s, including both Pre-brew timers.

Preinfusion settings are limited to Plumb in. You can fool the machine into enabling preinfusion by telling it you are plumbed in. This will engage the 3-way valve and allow the preheating coil to "ooze" some water onto the puck for up to 24.9s before the pump kicks in. This is not supported by LM, but it does work. When plumbed in, it works the same, but you get mains pressure instead of just the preheat coil.
  • The shot timer on the app starts when the paddle is flipped.
  • I believe you can have multiple Micras connected to the app. I have my GS/3 and the Micra both connected and I'm able to edit their names for clarity and switch between them with no issue.

Hope this helps.

- Jake
LMWDP #704

Ldstern

#547: Post by Ldstern »

I have a Micra on order. My current machine is a Synchronika with flow control. I typically make more Americanos than milk steamed based drinks. I am somewhat concerned that the water tap rapidly depletes the steam boiler and I haven't found any posts that discuss recovery time. I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who make Americanos on the Micra. Thanks.

Advertisement
JohnPK

#548: Post by JohnPK »

How many americanos are you making back-to-back? I usually make two americanos at a time (10oz mugs) and the water out of the tap is too hot to drink for both of them. For a third americano I might need to let it recover for a minute.

Ldstern

#549: Post by Ldstern »

Thanks for your reply. I usually only make 2 back to back. How fast is the flow from the tap? Again, I appreciate your quick reply.

JohnPK

#550: Post by JohnPK »

Happy to help! I'm new here, and a relative novice so 99% of the time I'm the one lurking and learning. So when I can actually contribute I'm happy to. :D Off the top of my head, maybe 6-7 seconds to fill a 10 oz. mug.