La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 54

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Ldstern

#531: Post by Ldstern »

Thanks John for your response.

sixysixss
Supporter ♡

#532: Post by sixysixss »

tanthalas wrote: Edit: Looking at my "Shot history", looks like the machine is likely one day off schedule.
My shot history has been one day off since I started it up in December. I started using my machine on 12/25, but the shot history thinks I started on 12/24. I contacted LM, and per their suggestion I deleted the app and re-synced the machine, but it didn't help.

beans+crumble

#533: Post by beans+crumble replying to sixysixss »

My app history has also been one day behind since I started using my Mini last May. LM support told me when the updated app came out (which is now the current version) it would fix the issue... it has not. However, my auto on/off schedule works correctly.

JokerBroker

#534: Post by JokerBroker »

Has anyone else heard their Micra make a loud sound for a fraction of a second while cooling down that sounds like a horn? :shock: It's probably just pressure being released from somewhere. It has only happened briefly a couple of times but it's a bit startling when it does.

brianja

#535: Post by brianja replying to JokerBroker »

Absolutely. It happens every time about an hour after it turns off. Scared the heck out of my wife the first time!

A few people on the micra Facebook group have also noted this. One even caught it on video.

I get the impression that a few have reached out to LM Home about it and they said it is "normal", but it sure is odd.

JohnPK

#536: Post by JohnPK »

Does anyone know of a thinner group head gasket for the Micra? With the stock LM gasket, my PF was locking in at around 7 o'clock (when looking from the top). I tried switching to the Cafelat blue silicone gasket, and it's worse. it now locks in at around 8 o'clock. It works fine but looks a little goofy. I see that Cafelat offers different thicknesses of gaskets for E61 machines, but I don't see anything similar for LM machines. Has anyone tried the LM silicone gasket?

beans+crumble

#537: Post by beans+crumble replying to JohnPK »

LM gaskets are pretty stiff at first and will lock in around what you are saying... they will soften a bit with use but still tend to hang out around the 7 o'clock position. Even if you look at YouTube videos of commercial LM machines their portafilters are locked in around that 7:00 position too. As long as you are getting a good seal & the extraction is running correctly does the position matter much?

espressoren

#538: Post by espressoren »

JohnPK wrote:Does anyone know of a thinner group head gasket for the Micra? With the stock LM gasket, my PF was locking in at around 7 o'clock (when looking from the top). I tried switching to the Cafelat blue silicone gasket, and it's worse. it now locks in at around 8 o'clock. It works fine but looks a little goofy. I see that Cafelat offers different thicknesses of gaskets for E61 machines, but I don't see anything similar for LM machines. Has anyone tried the LM silicone gasket?
I have the LM orange silicone one and the Cafelat blue one, they are pretty much the same.

If you care about it locking to center I found it's easier to swap the portafilter. The Rocket one I have turns farther. Someone else mentioned their LM portafilter from another machine also turns farther. Probably due to the angle or thickness of the portafilter's ears.

Ultimately I like the feel of the LM rubberized grip on the one that came with the machine so I'm sticking with it and using the Rocket as a blind basket just for flushing.

espressoren

#539: Post by espressoren »

baldheadracing
Team HB

#540: Post by baldheadracing »

JohnPK wrote:Does anyone know of a thinner group head gasket for the Micra? With the stock LM gasket, my PF was locking in at around 7 o'clock (when looking from the top). I tried switching to the Cafelat blue silicone gasket, and it's worse. it now locks in at around 8 o'clock. It works fine but looks a little goofy. I see that Cafelat offers different thicknesses of gaskets for E61 machines, but I don't see anything similar for LM machines. Has anyone tried the LM silicone gasket?
There's also this one, which is bi-level like the original rubber gasket. I have no experience. https://caffewerks.com/collections/la-m ... oup-gasket

Just wondering why the supplied gasket needs to be replaced already?

As an aside, FWIW, LM kindly put a couple notches in the grouphead so it is easy to pry out the group gasket without damage for regular cleaning. Put a very little bit of food-safe silicone o-ring grease on the gasket to make future removal for regular cleaning even easier.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada