La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 40

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
iploya

#391: Post by iploya »

Charged up front, all taxes included. Someone posted here awhile back that they didn't get charged sales tax, I'm envious.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#392: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

I'd never tried Affirm before and since they were offering interest free for six months I went with that option. The first payment didn't charge until the machine shipped which was nice. No sales tax.

AGramata

#393: Post by AGramata »

imbenanderson wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday :D
I'm from the UK so I ordered it Friday 20th Jan and it arrived Saturday 28th Jan.
I have had an Expobar Leva machine for about 8 years but there have been a few issues with the pressure dropping recently plus I had upgraditus and wanted a new one to match the new grinder.
I'm replacing the exact same machine! My Micra on order is blue (week 5 of waiting). I've had my Expobar for almost 6 years and it's been a workhorse.

AGramata

#394: Post by AGramata »

NewCoffeeGuy1 wrote:I'd never tried Affirm before and since they were offering interest free for six months I went with that option. The first payment didn't charge until the machine shipped which was nice. No sales tax.
I did the same thing. I always pay things off early, but i wanted to see how Affirm worked and with zero interest, there was no risk. Seemed simple enough. The first scheduled payment for me was last week but my machine has not shipped yet.

imbenanderson

#395: Post by imbenanderson »

I know your pain. It's a decent machine to start off with but it was slowly on its way out. I am very very very happy with my replacement. I now need to find a buyer for the old machine as the better half will want it out of the kitchen ASAP

m_b_b

#396: Post by m_b_b »

PaulTheRoaster wrote:Interesting. So during the scheduled time, yours will only enter standby if you pull a shot. I use the schedule just to warm up the machine, and it does still go to standby mode at the scheduled end time if I haven't pulled a shot.
I'm sure if I didn't pull a shot, it would still go into standby mode at the end of the scheduled period. But the chances of the machine turning on at 6 and no shot happening before 10 is pretty small. My point was that pulling a shot overrides the schedule, and starts the standby timer regardless of when you have scheduled shut down. Not a big deal since warm up is so fast.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#397: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

AGramata wrote:I did the same thing. I always pay things off early, but i wanted to see how Affirm worked and with zero interest, there was no risk. Seemed simple enough. The first scheduled payment for me was last week but my machine has not shipped yet.
I see. My machine did ship reasonably quickly (I ordered Nov 10 when the pre-order link went live) so I guess the first payment was just schedule-based rather than being tied to shipping. Just a coincidence.

Still nice to have zero interest for 6 months! I may do the same for the grinder. Found the same Affirm terms for an E65S GBW...

yakster
Supporter ♡

#398: Post by yakster »

m_b_b wrote:I'm sure if I didn't pull a shot, it would still go into standby mode at the end of the scheduled period. But the chances of the machine turning on at 6 and no shot happening before 10 is pretty small. My point was that pulling a shot overrides the schedule, and starts the standby timer regardless of when you have scheduled shut down. Not a big deal since warm up is so fast.
You could disable auto standby and just use the schedule if that's what you want.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

espressoren

#399: Post by espressoren »

Maybe this question would be better suited for Mini owners - I'm wondering how plumbed in people go about cleaning their drip tray. The drain kit doesn't seem to have a quick disconnect. Do they just scrub and flush it out in place or do they go to the trouble of unclamping it?

espressoren

#400: Post by espressoren »

The message posted twice so I'm just going to double post :) thinking about adding a quick disconnect on the drain line but I wondered how others were handling it.