La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 37

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#361: Post by Shakespeare »

Silentsim wrote:I want a scale drip tray!
That would be terrific; Someone will have to develop a new Micra-scale to fit into the new Micra drip tray. ..I believe.

Scriba

#362: Post by Scriba »

I somehow have the impression that my Micra has become louder. When I opened the housing once, I noticed that the Vane pump does not have an extremely firm hold and could possibly cause vibrations.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Could something be done with some neoprene or similar insulating material?

JohnPK

#363: Post by JohnPK replying to Scriba »

Based on the photos in this post La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews, it looks like the pump should be bolted pretty solidly to whatever that is behind it (sorry, don't have my Micra yet, so can't eyeball it first-hand). If it feels or sounds like it's not solidly mounted, I'd check those bolts.

m_b_b

#364: Post by m_b_b »

First post here, but I've been following along on and off over time, more closely recently as I've been looking to replace my machine and ultimately settled on the Micra. For reference this is an upgrade from a Rocket Appartamento and Sette 270. The rocket had basically been completely rebuilt in the last few months (new element, new pstat, new control board, rebuilt valves, new pump) but despite all this stopped heating again. I suspect a blown relay, but was tired of fixing it so took the opportunity to upgrade.

This will serve as "first impressions" along with some info that I wondered about before purchasing. Arrival was a little faster than the promised 6-8 weeks - I ordered Dec 21 and it arrived today, just over 5 weeks later.

It seemed smaller than expected when first unboxing, but now that it's sat on the counter a while I think the size is perfect for home. I don't have a ton of space, and small footprint was a big selling point for the Appartamento (which at the time was smaller than any other HX I could find). This is even better. Pictured here with a Niche for scale, I think these pair well and the white Niche goes well with the red.

Space under the portafilter was a concern, but using it bottomless has been fine. Enough space for an Acaia Lunar and notNeutral cappuccino or cortado cups.

The portafilter itself is kind of strange. I've always either used a standard double or bottomless, and I find tamping in this one to be a bit odd. The front lip isn't level with the rear lip, so you are left either balancing it on the front edge or tamping when not level, unlike a standard double where the spouts center well under the center of the basket. I've had to focus a bit more to get level tamps, I'm sure this will either get better with practice or I'll buy a leveling tamper.

Dialing in (for a new machine and new grinder) was quick - just a few shots before I was getting good output. This is my first rotary machine and it's so quiet! My goal with this was something with fast startup, consistent shots, and good steam as my usual morning routine is a Capp or cortado and wanted something that would do this with minimal fuss. This seems like it will do the trick.

PaulTheRoaster

#365: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

Scriba wrote:I somehow have the impression that my Micra has become louder. When I opened the housing once, I noticed that the Vane pump does not have an extremely firm hold and could possibly cause vibrations.
It's mounted on rubber blocks to absorb vibrations. Is it possible you have a couple things on the top tray vibrating against each other?
m_b_b wrote:The portafilter itself is kind of strange. I've always either used a standard double or bottomless, and I find tamping in this one to be a bit odd. The front lip isn't level with the rear lip, so you are left either balancing it on the front edge or tamping when not level, unlike a standard double where the spouts center well under the center of the basket.
I tamp with the portafilter handle just off the edge of the table. That keeps the filter level.

YoshiKenji

#366: Post by YoshiKenji »

For those who ordered mid/early December, any updates on the status?

Ben Z.

#367: Post by Ben Z. replying to YoshiKenji »

Not quite in the window you are asking about, but I got an email today that my blue micra ordered on 11/26 shipped. Delivery this coming Wednesday.

4-6 weeks turned into 9. Not terrible, not great.

JohnPK

#368: Post by JohnPK »

Dec. 13 order, and no update yet on shipping. The status online just says "Update"

m_b_b

#369: Post by m_b_b replying to JohnPK »

What color? I wonder if that makes a difference. Surprised to see the blue one noted above took 9 weeks and my red ordered later only took 5. I feel like I've seen stainless, black, white and red more than the others, wonder if they just planned to build more of those.

JohnPK

#370: Post by JohnPK »

I think I've read through most of this thread but I apologize if this has been covered and I missed it.

Has anyone data logged the power consumption of the Micra during the initial heat up and in steady-state after it has heated up? Our typical home routine is that we'll make some drinks (3-5) in the morning and then some more in the early afternoon. I wonder if it's more efficient to leave the machine heated from, let say, 6AM - 4PM, rather than putting it into standby after the morning drinks and then having to re-heat it in the afternoon?