La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by Shakespeare »

mathof wrote:If I understand correctly, brew pressure is initially set at 9 bar. Can this be reduced by the app (or another way)? Or not at all?
I never read there was an option in the Micra to adjust the brew pressure.
If I'm wrong, and there is an option to adjust the pressure significantly, then I'm will be purchasing the Micra myself.

mctrials23

#32: Post by mctrials23 »

You can adjust the pressure but you have to take the cover off the machine as far as I understand so you could set it to a flat 6 bar instead of 9.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by OK31 »

lagoon wrote:This maybe less of a concern with the Micra given the very short warm up times of around 6 minutes.

Can it be switched on remotely via the app?
The mini can be turned on remotely so I'd expect the micra to have the same capability.

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by pcofftenyo »

The Linea Mini has a typical pressurestat that allowed me to adjust the brew pressure down. Happy with the results.

Taking the cover off was just a few screws.

JRising
Team HB

#35: Post by JRising »

pcofftenyo wrote:The Linea Mini has a typical pressurestat that allowed me to adjust the brew pressure down.
Is this a mistake? Do you mean an adjustable OPV to limit the maximum brew pressure?

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by pcofftenyo replying to JRising »

No. Its how I prefer to regulate brew pressure.

PaulTheRoaster

#37: Post by PaulTheRoaster replying to pcofftenyo »

There is an adjustable bypass valve on the rotary pump.

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by pcofftenyo replying to PaulTheRoaster »

Like usual, many ways to skin a cat.

HB
Admin

#39: Post by HB »

pcofftenyo wrote:The Linea Mini has a typical pressurestat that allowed me to adjust the brew pressure down.
To clear up some confusion: Pressurestats are used to control the steam boiler temperature. I think you mean the rotary pump bypass valve. The Micra doesn't have a pressurestat -- it uses a PID type controller for the brew and steam temperature.
Dan Kehn

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by Shakespeare »

PaulTheRoaster wrote:There is an adjustable bypass valve on the rotary pump.
Does this adjustable bypass valve send excess water to the Micra water tank that is controlled by making adjustments in the valve?.
Therefore it is similar to an OPV valve except this bypass valve is connected to the pump motor output ?
Help..