La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Stratopeak

#21: Post by Stratopeak »

Pictures of Bluetooth only mode. Your phone needs to be connected to the Internet to login to the app, but the machine does not need to be connected to Wifi.

salvia

#22: Post by salvia »

Stratopeak wrote:Pictures of Bluetooth only mode. Your phone needs to be connected to the Internet to login to the app, but the machine does not need to be connected to Wifi.
Thanks for the screenshots. Just to confirm, if you turn off the wifi and cellular connections on your phone, you can still connect to and control the Micra with just the bluetooth connection?

Stratopeak

#23: Post by Stratopeak »

No. The phone must have internet connectivity. The machine only needs Bluetooth.

lagoon

#24: Post by lagoon »

Appreciated.

And the values are modifiable for the Boiler Team and Steam pressure right?

Can the temperature be easily changed to C ?

Auctor
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by Auctor »

Stratopeak wrote:No. The phone must have internet connectivity. The machine only needs Bluetooth.
Can you still pull shots and steam milk without the internet? Asked another way, do you only need internet to make adjustments (like brew or steam temperature)?

Ben Z.

#26: Post by Ben Z. replying to Auctor »

I think that's correct, at least according to all the reviews I've seen.

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by dparrish replying to Ben Z. »

That makes sense, the Mini works the same, with the exception that you can manually control temperature if you wish. Honestly, I never use the manual control as I prefer using the app, which allows greater precision control (down to .10 of a degree F). I also have on/off times set. My biggest gripe with the app is that you can only set one on/off time per day. With my schedule, I would love to have the capability to have the machine turn on for morning, then off after breakfast, then again in the late afternoon when I'm home again.

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by nsgymd »

Auctor wrote:Can you still pull shots and steam milk without the internet? Asked another way, do you only need internet to make adjustments (like brew or steam temperature)?
Correct

lagoon

#29: Post by lagoon »

dparrish wrote:I would love to have the capability to have the machine turn on for morning, then off after breakfast, then again in the late afternoon when I'm home again.
This maybe less of a concern with the Micra given the very short warm up times of around 6 minutes.

Can it be switched on remotely via the app?

mathof

#30: Post by mathof »

If I understand correctly, brew pressure is initially set at 9 bar. Can this be reduced by the app (or another way)? Or not at all?