La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 17

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mctrials23

#161: Post by mctrials23 »

I assume that I can wipe the excess off without issue then if it was used for the bolt installation.

CSME9

#162: Post by CSME9 »

LM rep told me there checking machines now before shipping.

peterL

#163: Post by peterL »

I have a question about the supply voltage. I am thinking of upgrading to this machine from a La Spaziale Vivaldi II which is already set up for a 240v supply. Is there any option (or even advantage) to setting the Micra up for 240v on the North American machines?

rmag

#164: Post by rmag »

mctrials23 wrote:I assume that I can wipe the excess off without issue then if it was used for the bolt installation.
Unfortunately not. The lubricant apparently hardens. And it's under and inside the bolt. the technician who came to my house tried to use a toothpick to press a paper towel into the bolt area to mop up some excess lubricant after it heated up. Didn't do anything.

damadama

#165: Post by damadama »

IDK why you would order a 240v... seems unnecessary and would hamper resale value

Swapping the receptacle to 110 should be much easier than the other way around

ira
Team HB

#166: Post by ira »

I the 220V version has a higher wattage rating, then there may be some small advantage if you're trying to pull a lot of shots at once, otherwise the very likely reduced resale value will likely make it the wrong decision.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#167: Post by yakster »

I once received a strong electric shock that threw me back several feet when I got out of the pool to plug in the time clock at swim practice because the 240 v to 120 v twist-lock adapter was cracked, and I was dripping wet.

Adapters exist, but it might be easer to rewire the outlet. You would end up not using one of the two hot leads and just use the hot, neutral, and ground. Also don't plug in your Micra while your dripping wet.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

peterL

#168: Post by peterL »

Re: 240v -Thanks for the help! I only wondered about faster recovery times, etc. My outlet is already wired to accept either 120v or 240v so if I decide to get a Micra I'll just get the standard 120v unit.

Much appreciated.

DaveB

#169: Post by DaveB »

CSME9 wrote:LM rep told me there checking machines now before shipping.
This is great news! And a wonderful consolation prize for my girlfriend, who ordered hers 26 days ago (Nov 13) and still hasn't gotten a shipping notification - while others received their machines in as little as 10 days.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

baldheadracing
Team HB

#170: Post by baldheadracing »

damadama wrote:IDK why you would order a 240v... seems unnecessary and would hamper resale value
In some double boiler machines, 240v (or 120v/20amp) versions allow both the steam boiler and brew boiler elements to be on at the same time. Some double boilers were infamous for taking much longer to warm up/recover as their electronics had to switch between powering one or the other heating element for the 120v/15amp market.

Now most(?) manufacturers use lower wattage elements in their 120v dual boiler machines so both elements can be on at the same time, even on a 15 amp circuit. In the Micra, the 120v version is spec'd at 1600w; the 240v version at 1850 watts (preliminary spec subject to change). My guess - GUESS - is that the difference is in the steam boiler heating element. If that is true, than the 240v version would get up to steaming a little faster, and recover from steaming a little faster. I'd still stick to the 120v version if one is in North America, though.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada