La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 16

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Stratopeak

#151: Post by Stratopeak »

Here's a video using the Micra to produce Latte Art. I have no issues using any of my WPM pitchers to froth the milk. Machine number is upper 600's. Ordered on Nov 18, delivered on the 29th.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#152: Post by OK31 »

When you steam is it fully open or do you open just enough? I'm having a real bear of a time with smaller milk quantities to steam effectively on my mini which is a very quick steamer.

Mike-R

#153: Post by Mike-R »

Stratopeak wrote:Here's a video using the Micra to produce Latte Art. I have no issues using any of my WPM pitchers to froth the milk. Machine number is upper 600's. Ordered on Nov 18, delivered on the 29th.

video
Thanks for posting! Out of curiosity, what's your largest pitcher size? (I use a Motta pitcher labeled as 50 cl and just enough milk for a 10 oz cup.)

damadama

#154: Post by damadama »

Nov 22 order, still no word on shipping for me white one.

Hopefully soon.... Still need to decide on a grinder

Leicina

#155: Post by Leicina »

Feeling a little bit disappointed about the shipping experience. Ordered the white version on November 10 and still no word on shipping (East Coast USA). I emailed them before Thanksgiving, they said it went through QA and would ship last week, but now we are a week later with still no update. Definitely want to be patient, but also want to make sure I'm home to receive it.

Pretty excited from all the reviews and comments here, just wish there was more communication.

coffeenewb56 (original poster)

#156: Post by coffeenewb56 (original poster) replying to Leicina »

Woah. I also ordered a white unit on Nov 10 to the East Coast and it was ready to be delivered on Nov 22 (although I pushed it back a week). Just providing another data point. Hoping yours arrives soon.

Stratopeak

#157: Post by Stratopeak »

Mike-R wrote:Thanks for posting! Out of curiosity, what's your largest pitcher size? (I use a Motta pitcher labeled as 50 cl and just enough milk for a 10 oz cup.)
I use a 15oz pitcher and have no issues. I open the steam fully. It only takes a few seconds of aerating before I plunge in the steam wand. It's super quick. Coming from the breville oracle, it's so much faster- maybe 12-15 seconds total to steam approx 7oz of milk.

rmag

#158: Post by rmag »

Smell update

I have been using mine for a week (left the machine on all day for 2 days and then ran it just in the mornings). The smell has not improved yet.

mctrials23

#159: Post by mctrials23 »

I think the smell on mine is getting better but its not gone by any stretch. I have it on the standard power saving so 30 minutes it goes off.Had it since 30th and its probably been actively "on" for about 2 hours a day.

Took the cover off to turn the pressure down to ~7 bar and had a look to see if I can pinpoint the issue. There is a bolt on the group cap that had a thick layer of something around it but not sure if that was where the smell was coming from.

Have they told us where the adhesive is that is causing the smell?

rmag

#160: Post by rmag replying to mctrials23 »

Yes, LM told me it's a lubricant they used to tighten the bolt you're talking about. They said they baked all the parts in an oven for 24 hours and the smell was gone. They are changing their assembly process to address the issue.