La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 15

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
PaulTheRoaster

#141: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

mctrials23 wrote:I would probably put it easily in the 500 range. My machine was ordered on the 14th and the SN on mine is 440. Who knows how many of these are knocking around outside of retail customers but I would think that there could be up to 1000 or more at this point.
I got #667 (we all know it was really #666). Ordered Nov 20, delivered 10 very long days later.

mipe

#142: Post by mipe »

mctrials23 wrote:I would probably put it easily in the 500 range. My machine was ordered on the 14th and the SN on mine is 440. Who knows how many of these are knocking around outside of retail customers but I would think that there could be up to 1000 or more at this point.
You can actually estimate the count just by knowing a few of the SN. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_tank_problem

Advertisement
DaveB

#143: Post by DaveB »

PaulTheRoaster wrote:Ordered Nov 20, delivered 10 very long days later.
That's interesting. I would say those 10 days were actually pretty short, considering my GF ordered on Nov 13 and was told "2 to 3 weeks", and has yet to receive a shipping notification. Is the West Coast getting the short end of the stick or what? The waiting is brutal! :)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

coffeenewb56 (original poster)

#144: Post by coffeenewb56 (original poster) »

I was curious about the number of units as well. Mine is sub-100 and I ordered it a few days after the announcement.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#145: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Even 500-1000 I'd consider a "low" number, even id not "100 low."

My SN will have to wait until 12/25 grrr

Mike-R

#146: Post by Mike-R »

Looking forward to owner reviews of the milk steaming. It seems like a lot of people are receiving their units in the past week. If any of you are perfectionist about your milk texturing, would like to hear your thoughts and see your results.

mctrials23

#147: Post by mctrials23 »

Steam wand would benefit massively from being a cm or so longer. Not quite sure why they didn't make it slightly longer.

Advertisement
Jaroslav

#148: Post by Jaroslav replying to mctrials23 »

Wouldn't it hit the drip tray if it was longer? From looking at videos and photos, it's as long as it can be.
Jaroslav

mctrials23

#149: Post by mctrials23 »

I've just had a look and yes it would be able to hit the drip tray if it was longer. The way I use the want wouldn't have any issues with it being longer but it would be able to hit the drip tray moving it in certain ways.

CSME9

#150: Post by CSME9 »

Maybe a straighter wand would help with easier reach in the pitcher.