La Marzocco Linea Micra owner reviews - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
espressoren

#131: Post by espressoren »

Auctor wrote:I feel like this remains a key differentiating factor between LM (Mini or Micra) vs a flow controlled E61. Assuming you aren't plumbed in (which I gotta believe is a majority of regular home baristas (not the folks who frequent this board)), do you rely on LM with its saturated group head, or do you use flow control to optimize your preinfusion and pressure profile?

It's still a nearly $1k difference between the Bianca and Micra.
Where I am, I wasn't able to find a Bianca V3 for under $3400 in color, or $3200 stainless. Since I was getting the Micra in color, I felt like the $3400 was the fair comparison, so just $500 difference. I keep hearing though that people are getting Biancas for $2900ish from some place. It's kind of a moot point now since I placed my Micra order on Friday.

User avatar
another_jim
Team HB

#132: Post by another_jim »

I had the same question. If you have the PF on and basket loaded; you may not see drops, but the top of the puck should be wet Alternatively, it may take time for the water in the LMLM HX or LMLu wrap around to heat up -- so maybe no preinfusion immediately after a preceding shot.
Jim Schulman

mipe

#133: Post by mipe »

espressoren wrote:Where I am, I wasn't able to find a Bianca V3 for under $3400 in color, or $3200 stainless. Since I was getting the Micra in color, I felt like the $3400 was the fair comparison, so just $500 difference. I keep hearing though that people are getting Biancas for $2900ish from some place. It's kind of a moot point now since I placed my Micra order on Friday.
In Europe you can get Bianca stainless from 1950 € and 2500 € in color. Micra is 3380 €.

driftcafe

#134: Post by driftcafe »

espressoren wrote:Thanks for the measurements.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I must be crazy because I went for the red! I'm just going to assume that the burning smell thing will be explored well within the next week or two, well before mine ships.
I saw the red in person at a demo event and really liked it! They told me that it's the same red paint used for Lamborghini. It was a little deeper red than I expected, the photos make it look brighter. I really liked it! Congrats, you'll be stoked!

DaveB

#135: Post by DaveB »

rmag wrote:After I posted this, I got a call from someone high up at LM. They are aware of the issue and sounds like they have done a ton to rectify it, including changing their bench testing steps.

They said they have put all their equipment into an oven and baked for 24 hours and the smell disappeared. Said it was fine to run the machine the whole time until smell went away. Sounds like there's some variation based on amount of lubricant that was used.
Perhaps not coincidentally, LM has apparently changed their projected delivery times from 2-3 weeks to 4-6 weeks. Here's the response to an inquiry for an ETA on an order made just over 3 weeks ago (11/13/22):

"The Linea Micra is taking about 4-6 weeks to ship from your order date. I am not personally able to see the exact date yours is scheduled to go out, but you will receive an email with the date as soon as your machine goes through quality control with all the delivery appointment information."
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

User avatar
cannonfodder
Team HB

#136: Post by cannonfodder »

My review Micra has arrived. If you have specific questions you would like answered you can post them at the Comments on La Marzocco Linea Micra Espresso Machine Review

I also have the machine plumbed in for mains preinfusion and will be going over that in my upcoming review.

Dave Stephens

rmag

#137: Post by rmag »

DaveB wrote:Perhaps not coincidentally, LM has apparently changed their projected delivery times from 2-3 weeks to 4-6 weeks. Here's the response to an inquiry for an ETA on an order made just over 3 weeks ago (11/13/22):

"The Linea Micra is taking about 4-6 weeks to ship from your order date. I am not personally able to see the exact date yours is scheduled to go out, but you will receive an email with the date as soon as your machine goes through quality control with all the delivery appointment information."
I'm sure that's part of it. But the rep I spoke with also mentioned that they sold out almost instantly and there's a waiting list. It sounded like the demand has exceeded expectations, so that's probably what is driving the delays.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#138: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 replying to rmag »

I do wonder how large the first run is/was. Seems like we have something like 3 or 4 people here who've taken delivery (non-reviewers), and I've seen a couple/3 on reddit, at least one of whom is also here.

I very much understand that HB and r/espresso represent only a minuscule fraction of people on earth. But OTOH how many people on earth were:

-in the market for a $4k machine
and
-saw the announcement
and
-pulled the trigger on a pre-order
and
-are *not* on HB or reddit?

Like if I put the over/under for the first run at 100 machines, which would you take?

User avatar
another_jim
Team HB

#139: Post by another_jim »

NewCoffeeGuy1 wrote: ... Like if I put the over/under for the first run at 100 machines, which would you take?
I'll take the over:
bottom of forum page wrote:WHO IS ONLINE
There are 873 users online: 178 registered and 695 guests
The 4 to 5 times as many guests as members is typical for this stat. Lots more people prefer to sit in the audience than prance around in the circus's three rings.
Jim Schulman

mctrials23

#140: Post by mctrials23 »

I would probably put it easily in the 500 range. My machine was ordered on the 14th and the SN on mine is 440. Who knows how many of these are knocking around outside of retail customers but I would think that there could be up to 1000 or more at this point.