La Marzocco GS3 Thermal Performance Quantified - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lennoncs

#41: Post by lennoncs »

Why can't we keep a running profile for each shot and actually have some data for this evaluation?

Sean

barry

#42: Post by barry »

lennoncs wrote:Why can't we keep a running profile for each shot and actually have some data for this evaluation?

afaik, the GS3 isn't equipped with a banjo probe, so for any given shot you can either brew coffee or use the scace device, but not both.

Advertisement
AndyS

#43: Post by AndyS »

barry wrote:afaik, the GS3 isn't equipped with a banjo probe, so for any given shot you can either brew coffee or use the scace device, but not both.
You can always fasten a fine gauge TC to the shower screen bolt.

-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company

MOSFET

#44: Post by MOSFET »

My question may have been missed. Directed a Sean, but anyone can answer. Has the circulation pump idea been matured? Last I read was Andy and Sean discussing a far too expensive pump. Since asking the question I found the Taco 00 series circulators which are cheap and even cheaper on Ebay. They are for potable water and can withstand 125PSI and 125C. They're used in solar systems (solar ENERGY systems) and in other fresh water applications.

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Keith

lennoncs

#45: Post by lennoncs »

Hi,
I have started a new thread on the E61 active control in the knockbox to keep this one on-topic.

Sean

E61 active group heat using pump inline w/thermosyphon loop