La Marzocco GS/3 supplied braided hose doesn't thread onto pump inlet fitting?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CaptPat

#1: Post by CaptPat »

Just purchased a GS 3 MP and I tried to plumb it in to my existing water filter set up. Oddly the supplied braided hose will not thread onto the pump inlet fitting, I get no thread engagement -- seems undersized somehow. I'm able to connect the hose via John Guest fittings to the filtration system. I thought these were standardized to BSP fittings, perhaps not. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've already contacted the reseller but probably won't hear from them before Monday.

In the meantime I'm pulling great shots using the tank :D
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

ibrewcoffee

#2: Post by ibrewcoffee »

Stop by home depot and see if you can get adapter to make it fit.

spressomon

#3: Post by spressomon »

Possibly the same solution found here: Do I have the right adapter? (BSP, NPT, WTF)
No Espresso = Depresso

Idfixe

#4: Post by Idfixe »

I had to buy an adaptor to make my plumbed in set work. Supplied braided connector didn't fit. Simple fix.

CaptPat (original poster)

#5: Post by CaptPat (original poster) »

Kudos to La Mazorcco CS, emailed them and got a response within an hour. Turns out the included hose has 2 different fittings on it BSP on one end and compression on the other. Swapped the hose around and all is good.

spressomon

#6: Post by spressomon »

And on a Saturday no less! LM USA seems to be raising & setting the bar for value added customer service!
No Espresso = Depresso

CaptPat (original poster)

#7: Post by CaptPat (original poster) »

Yup I was pretty impressed by LM CS, very surprised to get an email reply on a Saturday afternoon.