La Marzocco GS3 - no steam pressure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ShmulikTal

#1: Post by ShmulikTal »

Hi,

Today I noticed that there is no steam pressure (worked fine until yesterday).
The machine is 2 years old.

I removed the left panel and found out that the steam boiler is warm (but not very hot), the pressure reading at the gauge is about 0.25 , no steam and no hot water. The thermostat switch on the boiler is not tripped.
It seems that the boiler is not getting hot enough. The setpoint for the pressure is 129 C.
Firmware updated today to 1.4 (after noticing the problem) , and there are no error messages on the display or app.

Any suggestions?
I recently moved to Sintra Portugal, so I don't know any La Marzocco technician here.

Bean Counter

#2: Post by Bean Counter »

On the status page of the app, have you checked to make sure the steam icon is green in colour and not greyed out? I know it sounds obvious, but it seems a number of users have been caught out with this since the app upgrade....

ShmulikTal (original poster)

#3: Post by ShmulikTal (original poster) replying to Bean Counter »

Thank you for the tip, it was indeed grayed, I changed it to green, but the pressure reading is still about 0.25. The steam boiler is warm, but not hot as I expected.

mreloc
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mreloc »

Did you validate the temperature setting for the steam boiler? I have mine set to 261F

#5: Post by ShmulikTal (original poster) »

My steam temperature is set to 129 deg Celsius = 265F, that was the first thing that I checked.
I had consulted two La Marzocco certified technicians, but both of them have no idea what cause the problem.

Did some troubleshooting yesterday:
1. The steam boiler doesn't heat at all. The temperature setpoint is correct, the application shows that steam is on and the machine display shows that steam boiler is on (full right rectangle).
2. Noticed that no water comes out when the drainage valve is opened - I disconnected the water level gauge, the pump filled the steam boiler, but the boiler doesn't heat up.

At this stage I can only come to a conclusion that the heating element failed or some electronic controller failed.

#6: Post by ShmulikTal (original poster) »

Today I opened the electric assembly to try to check if the SSR is causing the problem.
The machine was started from cold, the display shows that both boilers are working.
The readings are:
10.5v on the dc input side on brew and steam boilers
0V on the AC line for both boilers.
0.15v on the input side of the steam boiler heating element.

Brew boiler is heating, steam boiler is not.
The machine is a European model, working with 230V.

Now I have no clue if the problem is with the SSR or the heating element.

biotechhippie

#7: Post by biotechhippie »

Just updated and having the same issue. I noticed that mine keeps resetting to 32°f/0°c

biotechhippie

#8: Post by biotechhippie »

I was able to submit a ticket and La Marzocco refreshed the system. Also make sure to update your LH app. support-iot@lamarzocco.com