La Marzocco GS3 MP Conical Valve Upgrade - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cafeaffe

#21: Post by cafeaffe »

@Capitol, same situation as you, I had the Strada mod for a long time and once I got used to it, the control was excellent. I have the full LM954 kit sitting on my shelf still, never got around to installing it and the guy who bought my machine wasn't interested in the update

Capitol

#22: Post by Capitol »

ttle off-topic, anyone know what the RRP is for the new cool touch wand? I had a local installer get a price for me was almost $US900!
I got a quote of roughly the same and when I called LM USA to inquire about the parts, they said that the availability of the new steam arms was very limited.

txrpls

#23: Post by txrpls »

I ordered the kit and LM said that the machine neede to be reprogrammed. Did you have to do this after the modification?

smite

#24: Post by smite »

Could someone post or link to some shots being pulled with this upgrade in place?

I have seen many Slayer shots but can't find any newer GS3/MP shots being pulled with a technique that shows the benefits of this upgraded system.

Thanks very much.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by FotonDrv »

cafeaffe wrote:Great summary of the installation. I'm sure this will help a lot of people on HB, since the included instructions aren't exactly clear in some spots.
+1 !!! Great write up.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

rmilanovic

#26: Post by rmilanovic »

afan wrote:<image>

Finish!

I did as You told us, and thanks for that!!
But I have one question:

Is normal that when I start to brew (move from right to left but a little and little movements) and before a full open valve (before full brew pressure - handle to left side) I have water comes out from exaust tube?!
And than when I reach 3bar , than 4bar or 5bar - also some amount of water goes to exaust tube ,till I move to full pressure (to left side).

Thanks