La Marzocco GS3 MP Conical Valve Upgrade - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cafeaffe

Postby cafeaffe » Sep 04, 2017, 4:25 pm

@Capitol, same situation as you, I had the Strada mod for a long time and once I got used to it, the control was excellent. I have the full LM954 kit sitting on my shelf still, never got around to installing it and the guy who bought my machine wasn't interested in the update

Capitol

Postby Capitol » Sep 05, 2017, 1:22 pm

ttle off-topic, anyone know what the RRP is for the new cool touch wand? I had a local installer get a price for me was almost $US900!

I got a quote of roughly the same and when I called LM USA to inquire about the parts, they said that the availability of the new steam arms was very limited.

txrpls

Postby txrpls » Jan 13, 2018, 6:50 pm

I ordered the kit and LM said that the machine neede to be reprogrammed. Did you have to do this after the modification?

smite

Postby smite » Jan 14, 2018, 5:17 pm

Could someone post or link to some shots being pulled with this upgrade in place?

I have seen many Slayer shots but can't find any newer GS3/MP shots being pulled with a technique that shows the benefits of this upgraded system.

Thanks very much.

FotonDrv

Postby FotonDrv » Jan 15, 2018, 12:48 am

cafeaffe wrote:Great summary of the installation. I'm sure this will help a lot of people on HB, since the included instructions aren't exactly clear in some spots.

+1 !!! Great write up.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

rmilanovic

Postby rmilanovic » Apr 24, 2018, 3:03 pm

afan wrote:<image>

Finish!

I did as You told us, and thanks for that!!
But I have one question:

Is normal that when I start to brew (move from right to left but a little and little movements) and before a full open valve (before full brew pressure - handle to left side) I have water comes out from exaust tube?!
And than when I reach 3bar , than 4bar or 5bar - also some amount of water goes to exaust tube ,till I move to full pressure (to left side).

Thanks