La Marzocco Diffuser Screw - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lattenewbie

Postby lattenewbie » Jul 13, 2018, 9:14 am

I just received both a IMS nano shower screen and a 6 hole diffuser screw for my LMLM.

I've been worried about uneven dispersion from stock screen and screw.

As a first impression, after changing the both, the water flow seems to disperse unifomly.

I will test the screen and the screw more later.

pcrussell50

Postby pcrussell50 » Jul 13, 2018, 1:18 pm

lattenewbie wrote:I've been worried about uneven dispersion from stock screen and screw.

I don't own a La Marzocco espresso machine, but I keep my eye on them, and I've had plenty of excellent espresso made on them. Your concern begs a question... Is uneven dispersion a known problem on La Marzocco espresso machines?

With their reputation for quality and innovation, I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered dispersion in their otherwise excellent engineering. If I were ever to move on from the excellent parameter control my machine gives me, it would most likely be a La Marzocco.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

lattenewbie

Postby lattenewbie » replying to pcrussell50 » Jul 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

I don't think "the uneven dispersion phenomena" frequently happens around Line Mini users.

But my machine shows the problem.

Here is another thread I posted about that.

Uneven water dispersion from La Marzocco Linea Mini grouphead

nuketopia

Postby nuketopia » Jul 14, 2018, 3:13 am

I've not come across a reason to use other than the standard screens and dispersion screws. It is possible to distort the screen by overtightening the dispersion screw. It only needs to be snug, not cranked down.