Moxiechef wrote:Post a pic please.
Thanks for offering to take a look.
What you see of course is the intake hose, the U-shaped fitting that goes thru the lid of the reservoir, and the back of the reservoir. There's a clamp that secures the hose to the fitting, which I'm having a lot of trouble with -- actually more trouble with the hose itself than with the clamp, but neither are easy to work with.
In fact, the hose is *so* tight to the fitting right now that I have doubts as to whether the clamp is actually necessary, or just redundant. As I mentioned, I cannot move that hose on that fitting (not even one millimeter, even with the clamp pinched with a needle nose, which opens it up a bit), nor can I rotate the hose on that fitting even slightly. It's so tight it's as if there was contact cement or something that was applied, but of course I'm nearly positive that's not the case.
It seems according to the manual I should remove this (decouple) for periodic cleaning of the reservoir. I'm sure eventually there would be algae otherwise.
Yet, as you can see, that clamp looks tight. It either produced an impression on that hose, or else the hose is designed that way, and there is some indentation on the metal fitting itself that it "seats" on. My eyes are not good enough to see for sure.
I've worked that clamp back a bit from its original position in this picture (did that last night). But I've gone no farther, because the effort in moving it just that far was considerable, and I've little (actually almost zero) confidence that I could get that clamp back on if I moved it off either the fitting (in the direction I've moved it so far), or off the hose entirely (going the other direction). Particularly, if I moved it off of the hose completely, I doubt I could ever get it back onto the hose, but really in either case.
You can see the constriction of the section of hose not attached to the fitting. I'm not even sure if I decoupled this I could get the hose back onto the fitting. That looks *really* tight. It looks like it was no easy job to get that hose onto that fitting in the first place.
The clamp has been in this position overnight now, and there is still quite a dent in that hose where it originally was, so there has been no "rebound" in the plastic, and I don't know if that dent is by design or was caused by the clamp. I would have expected a bit of "rebound", and maybe some indentation where the clamp is currently positioned, after 12 hours. But no.
The hose is *just* long enough for me to clear the chassis with the reservoir, which would allow me to remove all the lid screws (and then the lid itself), which would allow me to completely clean the body of the reservoir (the coupling would remain, and so I'd have to do the best I could cleaning the lid with it attached). Seems awkward to me, but I have lifted that U-shaped intake fitting, and it does lift up.
(The condensation you see on the lid of the reservoir, giving it a rather translucent appearance, is because I've just got the machine up to temperature on a rather cold morning. It's normally not there, and this view would be clear as glass.)
The fitting seems not able to be pulled out of the reservoir (as if you were going to simply take it out without decoupling from the hose). I suppose when they assemble it they put the fitting (somehow) up thru the bottom of the lid, and then couple them.
My goodness, this seems a design that could be easily improved upon,
as this would be a biweekly or at the very least a monthly cleaning necessity.