La Cimbali M24 Brew Pressure Adjustment

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
gorayjoy

#1: Post by gorayjoy »

Hello,

I have Cimbali M24 Plus that runs 12 bar pressure. Im trying to lower it to 9 bar without getting any technician. I did some research and found out that this machine has a rotary pump but when I opened the machine, I see some black boxes (something magnetic field related stuff). And now Im wondering if this machine has a rotary pump or a vibe pump. I cant find any OPV Valve and screw to adjust its pressure. Can anyone please help? Im kind of in hurry. Any comments would be appreciated.

Im also wondering if this is the rotary

And I dont know what this is.

Also, I want to know if its safe to change the pressure. I heard that if its rotary, you shouldnt change the pressure with OPV Valve. Instead you should adjust it directly to the pump. What about if its a vibe pump? Want to know its safety guidelines. Thank you

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

That is a nice first post - at least you provided some pics HOWEVER . . .
. . . without getting any technician.
That is a big mistake as there is a lot of info to be gained from a willing Cimbali tech. Why not try doing a search on this site for "Cimbali M24"?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

gorayjoy (original poster)

#3: Post by gorayjoy (original poster) »

erics wrote:That is a nice first post - at least you provided some pics HOWEVER . . .

That is a big mistake as there is a lot of info to be gained from a willing Cimbali tech. Why not try doing a search on this site for "Cimbali M24"?
Hello. Thank you for your comment. I did search on this site but couldnt find any posts :( and for the technician, I simply dont have money as of right now. And want to know if its possible to do this on my own.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

And nobody knows whether this is at your home or a café. And nobody knows how you are feeding the water to this machine . . . whether it be a bottle or line pressure.

Do a search on adjusting brew pressure for a rotary pump. If you lack the funds for a tech, you "is" in big trouble with this machine and you are being "penny wise and pound foolish".
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Compass Coffee

#5: Post by Compass Coffee »

Don't be confused. Whether being used at home or commercial setting and whether being fed via lines pressure or bottle the procedure for adjusting rotary pump shot pressure the same and pretty straight forward. While I agree ideally you'd be best to learn how by watching someone experienced show you how I also understand the financial challenges of running a business versus just taking home a paycheck from a job like clockwork.

Indeed the picture you indicated you think is the rotary pump is the rotary pump with the round red circle and CF on the face. The arrows show water flow direction. (appears to be some seepage at the water connections but that's another matter) The big brass screw coming out the side at 90 degrees is the adjustment screw.

With machine heated up to temp lock in a PF with back flush blank. Start "shot". Turn adjustment screw counter clockwise to reduce pressure down to ~10 bar. (This will yield about 9 bar with a real shot.) Stop "shot", unlock and dump water from PF with blank, lock back in. NOTE: always remove and replace PF between checking pressure to release residual false pressure readings. Now start PF blank "shot" again and confirm ~10 bar. Adjust again if necessary. Stop "shot". Now build a real shot lock and pull. Observe pressure during shot and fine tune. NOTE: there is usually a lock nut on the adjusting screw. Make sure it is snug when done adjusting to avoid drift from vibration during usage.
Mike McGinness