Kees van der Westen - Something will be unveiled in WOC. - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#111: Post by JohnB. »

Sorry for the long delay on the promised Idro-Matic thread but Kees & I are sorting out a small pressure reading issue. I have been using the IM daily & I can tell you that the combination of the stock PPIC & I-M yields an approximately 12 second ramp to full pressure when the pump mode is selected. The result seems to be a slightly creamier shot & a pleasant long lasting (1 hour+) aftertaste with every shot. Not unusual to get that with some shots but I'm seeing it with every shot. As far as better overall flavors go that's hard to say as I can't easily switch back to a shorter ramp; yet. Working on a mod that will allow me to easily switch between the ppic & IM working together & just the IM working alone. More on that later but first I need to sort out the pressure reading issue. Kees is sending off a box of parts tomorrow that will cover every possible cause of the issue along with some modified piping I requested for my modification. Once everything is working correctly I'll get a new thread started.
LMWDP 267

EricC
Supporter ♡

#112: Post by EricC »

Thanks for the update John.

G.F.

#113: Post by G.F. »

Thank you John, always polite, you've been very helpful.

Kindest regards.

catalinH

#114: Post by catalinH »

I have ordered my Idro-Matic Speedster;can't wait to pull shots on it.Delivery time 16 weeks :o

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#115: Post by JohnB. »

Well as of yesterday everything is finally sorted with the Idro Matic install on my early Speedster. Took much longer then I thought it would due to unforeseen problems involved with installing the kit in a narrow neck machine & my schedule. It's a long story which I doubt I'll post as Kees confirmed today that he will not be offering anymore IM kits for the older narrow neck machines. Two kits went out, mine & another in the southeastern U.S. & that's all there will be. If you have a 2011 - on wide neck Speedster the internal plumbing is different & installation of the Idro Matic kit for those machines should go smoothly with no issues.

Now that my machine is back in daily use I'll get back to the mod that allows me to switch between IM only & the IM/PPIC combined. Once I've spent enough time playing with the 2 modes I'll post some thoughts on the much longer ramp that the IM/PPIC combo allows.

LMWDP 267

EricC
Supporter ♡

#116: Post by EricC »

Great news John, very pleased to hear that you have everything sorted to your satisfaction.

stefano

#117: Post by stefano »

That looks great!!! Excited for you.

catalinH

#118: Post by catalinH »

New machine from Kees at WOC Amsterdam :D

NelisB

#119: Post by NelisB »

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#120: Post by JohnB. »

So it's Thursday afternoon in Europe but no sign of the new machine on Facebook or Instagram. Any sightings at the show?
LMWDP 267