Kafmasino ONE - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cgibsong002

#31: Post by cgibsong002 »

Yeah i don't understand who has >$1000 just burning in their pocket to try a Chinese ripoff just because they're so obsessed with NEEDING profiling. If i have to buy a machine in this price range I'd much rather get just about anything from a quality brand.

I'm not against overseas design or manufacturing, I'm not against small startups or new companies, but you can literally look at the picture for a second and realize they are going to run a poor company. No one introduces their first product for a new business and just slaps something together like that. It looks like they had a general idea for a prototype and just thought, eh, let's just leave it like that. You can tell they don't know or care about design and that doesn't say much good for the future or their technical abilities.

Coffcarl

#32: Post by Coffcarl »

But they sure can put together a nice slick video! Everyone knows that's the most important thing.

GDK

#33: Post by GDK »

It wish they took the Ascaso Baby T, which is a Spanish made machine, modify it with the profiling capabilities then add about $1k to the price. I would get in-line instantly. Oh well...

DamianWarS

#34: Post by DamianWarS »

I think this is interesting and enviable. Decent has already bowed out from their original pitch of a machine for under $1000 and they no longer want that market. Now the DE1+ and PRO are temporarily suspended so they can focus on the XL and XXL because demand is too much. Meaning the price gets higher and higher and at the bottom there is a void for people who still want all the magic for a lower price.

If successful this may push decent into a higher end focus as their bottom tier is becoming an expensive loss leader. I don't think decent will suffer and I think they should have outsourced/licensed out the DE1 (without a +) that has already been dropped if they wanted to keep that market (without GHC) otherwise of course someone is going to come in and syphon off the bottom.

I'm waiting for a decent/kafmasino head to head challenge, maybe Hoffmann can do a series on it.

myso

#35: Post by myso »

DamianWarS wrote:{...}
Now the DE1+ and PRO are temporarily suspended so they
{...}
Do you mean DE1 (I don't think they ever sold units from this model) and DE1+?

DE1"PRO" is as of now available to buy with 8 week delivery lead time.

Coffcarl

#36: Post by Coffcarl »

Isn't the tech totally different? The decent achieves extremely precise temperature regulation with multiple sensors, mixing valves, and a heated grouphead. Without that, and working from a cheap machine base I would think that results would be wildly inconsistent.

DamianWarS

#37: Post by DamianWarS »

myso wrote:Do you mean DE1 (I don't think they ever sold units from this model) and DE1+?

DE1"PRO" is as of now available to buy with 8 week delivery lead time.
I understood the PRO had a delay the same as the DE1+, but maybe they've change that since the last I checked. As for the original DE1 I never bought one so I don't know what actually sold but whatever they sold for that $1000 price point had long since been abandoned.

DamianWarS

#38: Post by DamianWarS »

Coffcarl wrote:Isn't the tech totally different? The decent achieves extremely precise temperature regulation with multiple sensors, mixing valves, and a heated grouphead. Without that, and working from a cheap machine base I would think that results would be wildly inconsistent.
The sensors/heating not at the group Head I would think presents a problem