Kafmasino ONE - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
GDK

#21: Post by GDK »

Timelines on their page show next year delivery, for those who are willing to wait.

Espressoman007

#22: Post by Espressoman007 »

sony205 wrote:In the 1150 -> 1350 range I doubt there is another espresso machine that offers pressure, flow profiling and gavimetric control at that level. They are offering you tablet + espresso machine + scale + portafilter and other accessories for 1150 euros.
And you get a manual as well for 1150eur...lol

Cheers!

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
harleyujoe

#23: Post by harleyujoe » replying to Espressoman007 »

So U.S dollars 1,400 approx ???

I was thinking of one of these but need to see more real reviews on machines before I pluck down half of cost of a Crem Profiler ..

Which I am still waiting for actual owners reviews of Crem Profiler ..

sony205 (original poster)

#24: Post by sony205 (original poster) »

Is the Cream Profiler capable of pressure/flow profiling? From what I understand the Crem is similar to the Vesuvius, isn't it?

Jonk

#25: Post by Jonk »

sony205 wrote:Is the Cream Profiler capable of pressure/flow profiling?
Yes, a mix of both. More details on https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpres ... em-one-2b/

myso

#26: Post by myso »

It's hard not to be negative about this one.
So it is a customized version of a 212€ espresso machine, + tablet stand and a tablet (which is probably sourced around 100 to 150€)
And a profiling kit and software.
And a Bluetooth scale which is probably a bit higher than 50€.

The app preview from the video smells heavy DE1 rip off, which makes me wonder if they are actually allowed to use open source decent espresso code for commercial use. The profile editor, shot graphics and side info screams like a DE1 clone. It is something to copy features and ideas but if you show it to a DE1 user they might even believe it's a new skin for DE1..

Anyway what I don't like is:
A Rancilio Silvia (575€), Ito/leva! (~250€) costs 825€.
Whereas this machine is planned to retail at 1610€ (~1935$).

sony205 (original poster)

#27: Post by sony205 (original poster) »

myso wrote:It's hard not to be negative about this one.
So it is a customized version of a 212€ espresso machine, + tablet stand and a tablet (which is probably sourced around 100 to 150€)
And a profiling kit and software.
And a Bluetooth scale which is probably a bit higher than 50€.

The app preview from the video smells heavy DE1 rip off, which makes me wonder if they are actually allowed to use open source decent espresso code for commercial use. The profile editor, shot graphics and side info screams like a DE1 clone. It is something to copy features and ideas but if you show it to a DE1 user they might even believe it's a new skin for DE1..

Anyway what I don't like is:
A Rancilio Silvia (575€), Ito/leva! (~250€) costs 825€.
Whereas this machine is planned to retail at 1610€ (~1935$).
I understand your point of view, but not everyone is a handyman to start making mods, as in my case :cry:

By the way I saw this post in coffeforums.co.uk:
And what would you like mate? to sell it at 400 euro so you can afford one?

Let me break it into parts for you and the rest who seems to not understand how business works:

pay for following parts (no payment for labor/rent added):

-machine 250 euro

-electronic board controler + sensors (tempx2, flowmeter, pressure sensor)- 200 euro

- software development and forum, comunity and updates/improvements over the years- 150 euro

- accesories- 80 euro

- CE for the machine completed so they can sell it- a lot, let's say if they sell 100 machines it's 100E per machine to cover that up

- shipping+ packaging+ KS campain- 100 euro

- 8 inch tablet (70euro)

950 euro already, without taking into consideration stuff like labor, rent, defective machines to be replaced (example, machine gets damaged while shipping, so they have to replace it with a new one).

And of course there must be some money made, otherwise who would do it for free?

So let me ask you again, if the price is high, why dont you build a machine like this for 400 euro?

And if that is not enough to convince you, let me ask you one simple and direct question, you open up a KS business and launch a machine similar to this.

Would you risk and do it to have a profit of only 50-200euro per machine?

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
SCespresso

#28: Post by SCespresso »

Would this be a lipstick on a pig scenario?

Giampiero

#29: Post by Giampiero »

Not sure if i understood well, but is an hybrid dual boiler ( Steam Thermoblock + coffee boiler) but with only 1 pump?
Power consumption?

harleyujoe

#30: Post by harleyujoe »

So I saw the kick off of Kafmasino and sent message and was told 1379.22 for machine with 2 yr warranty
and delivery would be 2022..

I am going to pass and see outcome on this and reviews if it makes it to market..

So between the Crem profiler I am waiting on reviews and this Kafmasino I may get one
more year out of my Jura Z5 ..LOL

and someone just posted that Crem manufacturing is heading to Spain and not China ???

If that is case even more reason to wait than to give china any more business .