Jura help wanted

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nealf2002

#1: Post by nealf2002 »

I have a Jura Ena 9. The brew group has to be in a particular position when installing so it cycles properly otherwise it will keep running and make a horrible grinding noise when at the top of the cycle. Does anyone know how to properly calibrate the brew group? I am having trouble. Thanks.

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Neal,

Welcome to Home-Barista!

You may not find answers to questions about super-automatics here. This is a hobbyist site where people like to get into the process of dialing in espresso. I haven't kept up with super-autos because they're not known to be adjustable for the fine tuning involved.

If someone does know about Neal's version of Jura, please chime in.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Giampiero

#3: Post by Giampiero »

Try to check on youtube, plenty of videos about Jura9 maintenance.

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising »

If assembled properly, the brew group can be installed in any position. The machine will run it all the way in one direction until it stops, then all the way back the other direction, then a certain number of rotations at the encoder to ensure that it is parked open for the grinder.

IF your brew unit runs all the way up and one of the feet on the motor is broken or the white plastic gear (on the drive motor, not the big crown gear on the brew unit) is broken, then the motor will just spin and spin... Since the encoder is spinning with the motor, it won't stop, it will make an awful grinding noise and eventually go to Error 8.

Replace the motor if one mounting foot or the white nylon gear is broken.