Izzo Alex Duetto II PID

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ja4

#1: Post by ja4 »

Hi all,

I have some issues with the duetto 2.

A week ago my steam/water boiler stopped working (brew boiler works ok). While the machine is off I noticed that both neon lights in front of the machine are slightly on (very dimmed light). These lights can obvously only turned off when the powersocket is removed out of the power outlet.

When the machine is on I noticed that the steam/water boiler light is on permanently. While switching the steam/waterboiler switch on the side of the machine the water boiler light remains on.

Next step I checked the SSR's. When the warm water switch is on the led on the ssr is on, when the warm water/steam switch is out the led is also out (light in front of the machine is on). At this stage a decided to check the voltage of the machine and check if there was something wrong. The only strange thing I could measure was that the PID is sending 3 volts towards the SSR. On the SSR it states that the minimum operation voltage is 4 volts... I suspect that one ssr is not working ok however out of precaution i would like to know if the PID is sending wrong voltage to the ssr which is the cause of the SSR not working ok...

Do you guys happen to know which voltage the duetto 2 pid should send out? (3 volts? 4 volts? 9 volts?)

Hopefully someone can help me...

thanks a lot!

regards,
Javier

Louis

#2: Post by Louis »

The Duetto uses a Gicar PID. I tried some Google search and found this manual, uploaded by Chris Nachtrieb of Chris' Coffee in this post. It describes the "output characteristics" (3.3 Caratteristiche di uscita) as 230 / 110 VAC 50/60 Hz 50 mA... if that makes sense... (AC driving a SSR?)

Someone reading Italian might help... (this PDF is not in text, so it doesn't allow easy copy and paste to online translators).

ja4 (original poster)

#3: Post by ja4 (original poster) »

thanks for the reply and search, I am spanish so italian is not a difficulty ;-).

I checked the pdf file however couldnt find any remarks if the PID sends out 3 volts or 4 volts and higher... Would be very helpfull if somebody would be able to check the voltage in their machine and advice which voltage they are measuring.

thanks a lot!