Izzo Alex Duetto II brew pressure??

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Londonplug

#1: Post by Londonplug »

Does anybody know what pressure should be showing in the gauge on these machines during the brew process i have been having problems getting a good shot out of this machine recently { last night was the worse it tasted of salt}
I did i put it down to difficulty in getting the grind dialed in properly and i was waiting until i got a good scale so i could weigh the amounts of coffee so i could at least know i was starting with the right amount, But what i have noticed is whilst the pour is going through the pressure gauge is reading about one and a quarter Bars is this Normal ?? as i thought the extraction should be point nine bars? are these gauges accurate and if so do i need to reduce the pressure

I must admit i have never looked at the gauge whilst using the machine so do not know if the gauge has always shown the same
Many thanks

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I believe it's set at 9-9.5 by default from CCS. Their tech support is quite helpful with issues like these.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
Bob_McBob

#3: Post by Bob_McBob »

You are looking at the steam boiler pressure gauge. The pump pressure gauge should probably read somewhere in the 9-10 bar range. Actual brew pressure is a little lower.
Chris