ITO/Leva! Controller - Q&A + Experience - Page 20

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sandc

#191: Post by sandc »

I recently mentioned the iPlay 50 Mini as potential tablet for the leva! firmware. It's one of the few remaining 8" Android tablets with a full HD display - and at €80, it's also cheap. There is a technically slightly improved version of it that I overlooked, the iPlay 50 Mini 'Pro' for $149 (B0CG31J44J and B0CBK85CBS at amazon.com). I tried the Pro version:

It's externally identical to the non-Pro version, 50% faster in the antutu benchmark, twice as much RAM (8GB), four times as much flash (256GB), 25% more battery (5000mAH), double the megapixels (13MP) and faster charging (but only if an 18W power adapter with USB-C Power Delivery is purchased; 10W power adapter included). The catches: One (1) speaker, no automatic brightness, no compass, no Widevine L1 certification, no fingerprint sensor, no magnetic sensor for cases with magnet.

First impression: Good display. Black levels, color temperature, brightness: Everything is fine and better than the Huawei tablet used so far. The display size advantage over the Huawei Mediapad M2 8.0 is welcome, 8.4" instead of 8" is noticeable, especially with the navigation bar that can be switched off, thanks to Android 13. The aluminum casing ensures good cooling of the back in the position shown. The lock screen can be switched off. That was the main issue with the Huawei pad, it always had to be swiped after pulling it out of standby before shots.

sandc

#192: Post by sandc »

The next ito production is about to begin (infos here).

thelampire

#193: Post by thelampire »

@sandc Something happened to the firmware's website. Do you happen to know anything about it?

thelampire

#194: Post by thelampire »

I guess I haven't realized that the firmware was moved to the softwareandcircuits website. Nevermind. As soon as I find the license number I can access it I guess.
I found a relatively cheap flowmeter on ebay and going to install it as soon as I have a soldering iron for modifying the ito.

thelampire

#195: Post by thelampire »

Actually it is not on the website. It would be great if I could download the 3.0 version before the flow meter arrives. Thanks!

SethPlate

#196: Post by SethPlate »

I am with version 3.0 firmware. Give me your mail and I will send it to you.

thelampire

#197: Post by thelampire »

The firmware website seems to be working again.

thelampire

#198: Post by thelampire »

I updated the firmware during the weekend. Unfortunately I connected to port 2323 and typed in the MCh which immediately erased the firmware. After manually restoring all the settings as much as I could i tried to save the settings with the correct method. The new teraterm does not seem to have the raw data transmit feature. I had to force sending the command there and trim the relatively long log file so it would only have the hex data. It worked but I am wondering if there is a better way.
Also, there is no way to save the settings on a mac as far as I found. Or is there?

greyberry

#199: Post by greyberry »

Hi all, if anybody is thinking of ito integration with Home Assistant, it's actually fairly easy to do since HA can send telnet commands using the 'switch' entity. Solution that worked for me is described below.

You will need to edit your configuration.yaml file using the File editor add-on. Once in .yaml, add the lines below to add the switch entity (I added two: 1. for powering on ito, and 2. for turning on the "eco mode"). Save the file and fully reboot your HA instance. You should then see a new "Switch" plate in your dashboard. These switches also become available as a service for automations. For now, I just set 'eco' mode to turn on in the morning, which should get the machine to the warm state (mine is set to 55 deg C). I also added a button to my dashboard to turn ito on and off.
# telnet switch
switch:
  - platform: telnet
    switches:
      ito_on:
        resource: your ito ip address
        port: 23
        command_on: "MCa"
        command_off: "MCE"
        name: "ito_on"
      ito_eco:
        resource: your ito ip address
        port: 23
        command_on: "MCe"
        command_off: "MCE"
        name: "ito_eco"

thelampire

#200: Post by thelampire »

This Home Assistant config worked really well. I wish I could just set the ito to standby whenever I want from the menu (other than setting the time for standby).