Introduction- First Espresso Machine Astra Gourmet

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Kylebridge

#1: Post by Kylebridge »

Hello All,

Longtime lurker, first time posting. This forum has been a great resource in figuring out what I want out of a machine. I'm completely new to espresso making, all my experience comes as a consumer.

I recently bought a used 2015 Astra GSP 023. It's not in perfect condition but I think it mostly needs a deep cleaning. I used a Keurig descaler but it's still putting out brown/green water. I ordered Cafiza.

I'm looking for advice on how to operate this machine. This is my first machine and still seeking a comparable used grinder. Any initial suggestions beyond descaling and cleaning?

Thank you in advance! I've had Espresso Machine dreams for a while and it's great to start the journey.

topman118

#2: Post by topman118 »

Welcome to the club. I am a current owner of the GA021. Its a fantastic machine even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. First of, the people there are awesome and helpful. I highly recommend the thinner dispersion plate ($45 or so). I highly recommend plumbing it in if you can. There is a manual available for download on astras website. If you can't find it there, I may have a copy somewhere. Please read before turning machine on especially about getting boiler filled first. If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout.

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
Kylebridge (original poster)

#3: Post by Kylebridge (original poster) »

Thank you! It's great to hear from another Astra owner. I definitely plan to order the thinner dispersion screen and plumb it in eventually. Is there anything particular about this machine compared to making shots on other of a similar class?