Initial fill sequence for double boiler espresso machines?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Stryker03

#1: Post by Stryker03 »

I just checked my expobar brewtus has a fill probe on both boilers. With no fill probe how does the machine know the boiler is full?

...split from Help with Quickmill Vetrano 2B 1st time setup by moderator...

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

I assure you it does not - post a pic and I will tell you what it is - likely the temperature probe.
With no fill probe how does the machine know the boiler is full?
Like I said, it inherently and automatically fills when you lift the brew lever. There is a lot of Brewtus info here: /downloads/and here: /expobar-br ... eview.html .
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
Stryker03 (original poster)

#3: Post by Stryker03 (original poster) »

I just double checked. Look here /downloads/ ... arts01.pdf. page 16 item 7 code # 60100040.
fill level probe is on both boilers.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

What you are referencing is, essentially, two identical boilers. If you post a pic of YOUR brew boiler, I will gladly show you where you are in error.

Otherwise, keep believing what you want. However, you will never see a reference on any post on HB as regards a level probe for a brew boiler in a double boiler machine.

Edit: You are referencing the boilers for a heat exchanger machine, in particular, the Expobar Office and NOT any Expobar dual boiler machine. For sure, this has taken this thread way off topic and so, why not start a new thread yourself and ask whether the brew boiler in ANY dual boiler machine is fitted with a water level probe ?? I assure you the answer will be NO.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Stryker03 wrote:With no fill probe how does the machine know the boiler is full?
Unlike a steam boiler, a brew boiler has no need for an air gap. I've seen brew boilers with over temperature sensors, but never a water level sensor.
Dan Kehn

#6: Post by Stryker03 (original poster) »

I will concede that you are both correct. The boilers in the pic have different fittings so I thought one was the steam boiler and the other the brew boiler. This is confusing me. So please tell me what triggers the pump to stop filling the brew boiler.

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

Huh? Lift the brew arm, pump runs. Lower the brew arm, pump stops. Simple as that.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement

#8: Post by Stryker03 (original poster) »

I understand that. It is the initial fill that has me confused. Actually just figured it out.

Giampiero

#9: Post by Giampiero »

Starting from the boilers (both of them) emptied status, the first boiler to be filled is the brew boiler, then the water in excess is passed to fill the steam boiler (through the upper connection pipe between the boilers) until the steam boiler level probe sends a signal to the electronic board to cut off power to the pump and refill solenoid valve.
This is a very simplified explanation, hoping it's helpful.

#10: Post by Stryker03 (original poster) »

That is helpful. That is the realization I came to, right before my last post. Once I looked at the hydraulic schematic as a whole it made sense.
Thank you