Homemade Knockbox removable bottom for cleaning - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
espressme

#11: Post by espressme »

...merged with thread on same topic by moderator...

This has been done before. I apologize to the originator whose work I saw a while ago. I lost the URL :oops:

They are real easy to clean and the whole deal was under $10 and a couple hours work. A bandsaw helps, a handsaw, disk sander or drum on a drill motor would do the job. Only PVC pipe and end cap, stainless steel screws and a dowel. . I like no hose over it but you may not.

Edit..
Now that H-B has gotten us together, the originator used an "inny" plug and I used a cap. When the plastic connector is a bit large for the cap, fill the cap with boiling water and then push the connector into it as far as it goes.. Won't remove though..

They clean with a rinse. Two weeks of daily use and a big party ( two pounds of "Black Cat") on this one!

Enjoy
richar
richard penney LMWDP #090,

HB
Admin

#12: Post by HB »

espressme wrote:This has been done before. I apologize to the originator whose work I saw a while ago. I lost the URL :oops:
I found it again by searching on "pvc knockbox" and merged your thread with it. You did a nice job, it reminds me of the Bumper knockbox.
Dan Kehn

cannonfodder
Team HB

#13: Post by cannonfodder »

Bumper knock box.
Dave Stephens

espressme

#14: Post by espressme »

Thanks Dan!
Bumper is cool, and there are others similar. The cut in this one's front is deeper as I put my index finger tip on the basket to hold it in when I knock back handed. I dose baskets and then put them in the pf, no retainers. Too cheap to buy another portafilter.
...Edited the original post..
HB wrote:I found it again by searching on "pvc knockbox" and merged your thread with it. You did a nice job, it reminds me of the Bumper knockbox.

dorkboy

#15: Post by dorkboy »

Here is mine that I made. Spare drawer? Huge knockbox! Since I am a glazier, glass is free and cool.

espressme

#16: Post by espressme »

Now, that is cool! :)
richard
dorkboy wrote: Here is mine that I made. Spare drawer? Huge knockbox! Since I am a glazier, glass is free and cool.

Stuggi

#17: Post by Stuggi »

Real men don't have to empty their knockbox more than every other year! :D
Sebastian "Stuggi" Storholm
LMWDP #136

SJM

#18: Post by SJM »

espressme wrote: Only PVC pipe and end cap, stainless steel screws and a dowel. .
When I was in Home Depot looking for parts for some new fencing, I cruised the plumbing section for the parts for one of these. Unfortunately they don't stock "caps" for 4" pipe, so I'm still on the lookout for the right parts for the job. I DO like the copper knock bar, and have lots of copper hanging about, so that part is easy. I'd sort of like to find a wooden box that's longing to be converted, but....

Meanwhile, keep posting your homemade boxes. So far every one of them is better looking than any of the boughtened ones.

IMNSHO

Susan

brokemusician77

#19: Post by brokemusician77 »

Thanks. You've inspired me.

This one isn't nearly as pretty, but it was really easy to "knock" together. :wink:

"There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness." - Anon.
LMWDP #326

espressme

#20: Post by espressme »

Best Yet!
-Richard