Help with La Marzocco Linea Mini temperature dial

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
vavavarun

#1: Post by vavavarun »

Long time lurker here, this is my first post. A little bit of background. Originally started getting into coffee about four years ago. I bought a DeLonghi EC155 which first introduced me into "espresso." Quickly transitioned to the Breville Barista Express for the past 3 years. And, now I have had my Linea mini for almost two months. My wife and I are loving every bit of our espresso journey. We drink mostly milk based espresso drinks, americanos, and the occasional espresso with medium to light roasts. For the past two months, the only adjustments we made were grind size. Always used 18g, and whatever temperature that originally was set.

Anyway, I thought I would start adjusting the temperature to see the change in taste. However, the temperature dial, never was fully in view, and my only reference is how many clicks (forward or backward) from the original setting the machine came in. I watched a few videos, and saw some machines actually have a quarter to half the wheel visible, and had temperature markings. So my question is, do the new machines not do this anymore, or is the original installation off? Pictures attached

TL;DR: I can't see my temperature wheel on my Linea Mini, is this normal? See pics

Full setup:

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

Hi, no that doesn't look normal, if you watch this video from Clive coffee, you will see the whole temp wheel assembly is held in place by two 7 or 8mm nuts. You should be able to loosen the nuts and slide the assembly back down into a better position and then re tighten the nuts.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mgwolf »

The wheel should be visible and (with some craning of the neck) one can make out the temp markings.

vavavarun (original poster)

#4: Post by vavavarun (original poster) »

kitt wrote:Hi, no that doesn't look normal, if you watch this video from Clive coffee, you will see the whole temp wheel assembly is held in place by two 7 or 8mm nuts. You should be able to loosen the nuts and slide the assembly back down into a better position and then re tighten the nuts.
Thanks so much!

Worked perfectly