Need help plumbing in La Marzocco Linea Mini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
elmerito25

#1: Post by elmerito25 »

Hi-

I am in the process of plumbing my Linea Mini (bought on 12/2018) and I was going through the video from Prima Coffee and some still shots from Clive Coffee. I was able to open the Linea Mini and identify where the pump is and the parts to remove but I notice that there's some additional parts that I may need help to identify.

Below is a still shot from Clive Coffee:

and here's mine:

There's an extra tubing that goes up before water goes into the pump. Can I safely remove these parts totally and connect the braided hose directly to the pump?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

nuketopia

#2: Post by nuketopia »

Hmm. Well, that's different. Can't tell from the photo what the extra stuff is. I presume this is a factory-new machine when you bought it?

I'd contact LM support and ask what the extra plumbing is for prior to proceeding. It may have a good reason to be there.

Jasper_8137

#3: Post by Jasper_8137 »

When I plumbed mine, I just removed the inlet to the pump and then attached the braided hose. There were no other parts to disassemble (except adding the bypass plate so the machine doesn't think it's out of water). Once you get the pump exposed, it's quite simple. Not sure if you have the plumb guide but I'll add some pictures of it.
Once you have it plumbed, prior to putting everything back together, run a shot through it and adjust your pump pressure. Having the line pressure throws off the preset (mine was 9 bar with a tank, 12ish once plumbed). I didn't realize it would be increases so much so had to take off the shell a second time to make adjustments (which is really the most difficult part of the whole process)

Jasper_8137

#4: Post by Jasper_8137 »

This should be the only thing connected to the inlet side of the pump...

Paul_Pratt

#5: Post by Paul_Pratt »

yes just connect the mains to the pump inlet. The new addition is to help you prime the pump off the reservoir.

Jake_G
Team HB

#6: Post by Jake_G »

Paul_Pratt wrote:yes just connect the mains to the pump inlet. The new addition is to help you prime the pump off the reservoir.
Ah,

Is that just a tee with a cap up top to flood the inlet from above?

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

elmerito25 (original poster)

#7: Post by elmerito25 (original poster) »

Thanks for all your response. Yes it is the tee with a cap up top to flood the inlet from above. Yes it was fairly new machine, bought from Clive Coffee last December 2018. I will go ahead and remove it and attached the braided hose from the plumb line. I will also check the brew pressure once O get it hooked up. Again, thanks for all your response and will post pics later.

Thanks!

elmerito25 (original poster)

#8: Post by elmerito25 (original poster) »

Update:

Finally plumb my Linea Mini. Thanks for all your response regarding my question. I removed the whole part and attached the braided line coming from filter to the pump. Check for any leaks and found nothing. I did adjust (decrease) the brew pressure after plumbing as it was reading 10 bars when I activate the brewing using the blind portafilter (Thanks Jasper_8137). Here's the part that I removed:

Here's the water filter/softener installed that I bought from Clive Coffee currently set to 40 PSI. All plastic tubing and JG connectors, so far no leaks. Connections are pretty straightforward but it is a bit challenging if you're doing it under the sink crouching/laying down.

Bought the Linea Mini Direct Plumb kit from Chris Coffee.

Again, thanks for all your help!