Hedone Bugster?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
PhilthyCoffee

#1: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

Anyone have any experience with this guy? Sales, service, internals, parts and build quality, and if course, how well it makes espresso and steams? Searched this forum and another, and found zero hits for the bugster.

Anyone know why it has such a chinzy name? I guess the same could be said about me :lol:

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Hedone has a history for shameless rip-offs products highly reminiscent of other designs. They have a grinder that has been out for a few years that copied was heavily inspired by the Versalab. There are some threads about its build quality and longevity.

There is a person promoting Hedone on other forums with seemingly personal reviews who lists Hedone marketing on their LinkedIn page.

★ Helpful

PhilthyCoffee (original poster)

#3: Post by PhilthyCoffee (original poster) »

Yeah, I mean that's pretty apparent with the Honne grinder. At least the Thugster looks like a mix between the GS/3 and a hydra, rather than a total ripoff. I guess it was somewhat intriguing given the cost difference between it and its...."Inspirational forefathers".

Meh... I'll pass, close thread lol.

PhilthyCoffee (original poster)

#4: Post by PhilthyCoffee (original poster) »

Jeff wrote: There is a person promoting Hedone on other forums with seemingly personal reviews who lists Hedone marketing on their LinkedIn page. image
Maybe he works for free?

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

PhilthyCoffee wrote:Meh... I'll pass, close thread lol.
Agreed, no need to reward those who "borrow" others' work product. :roll:
Dan Kehn