Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JP2019
Supporter

#71: Post by JP2019 »

Yes, that opening. More noticeable in the video. I guess from looking down, its not that big of a deal. Can't wait to see mine in person and start testing some of the things mentioned on this forum.

edwinp0606

#72: Post by edwinp0606 »

MTN Gert wrote:image

You can see the 2 limit sensors on top of the mini brew boiler and the resetable one has the hole in the center

It's a lot tougher to see the same sensors on the group head. They are located on the left side, thankfully the resetable one is more accessible and can be reached and reset with an Allen key wrench. The other one is visible but the machine will have to be partially disassembled to remove and replace the group head sensors.

Does the A3 error code come up everytime the machines idles? Or does the error only come up when you put the machine in standby before it reaches temp?
OP, thanks for the picture and the post. Unfortunately, the limit sensor on top of the mini brew boiler have a good connection. The NS tech support walked me through it. He did not ask me to check the brew head. But I took a couple of videos that he will send to Italy for review. I only see the A3 appeared when the heat light sign is on and putting it on standby. I would say though that it is inconsistent. Sometimes it happens (2x), sometimes it does not. When the unit is on standby mode, the heating light should not be blinking. So, I am waiting for a resolve.

Advertisement
edwinp0606

#73: Post by edwinp0606 »

Transporter wrote:Are you referring to this:
There is a gap because the panel has been detached from the frame. Otherwise, it does not have that. But there are uneven gaps on mine if you look closer. I had to reattached the right side panel so that it will be in contact with the frame. It looks fine now. However, I saw another one. The brew head assembly cover, there gaps on the bottom part. The materials are heavy duty but the craftmanship is not quite well polished.

JP2019
Supporter

#74: Post by JP2019 »

I dont know, I kind of see it in the video Voltage posted as well. And some of the other more genuine videos. Maybe being picky, or thats just an effect but there does seem to be a slight gap toward the top of the circle.

Since the machine is giving you heating issues, does this only occur in trying to go to standby? Does the Prima allow full shutdown and start up without standby? For the times the machine does work, what are your thoughts on the easy cream wand.

JP2019
Supporter

#75: Post by JP2019 »

MTN Gert,

Since your not having the random heating issues, how would you rate the cup warming aspect of the top?

edwinp0606

#76: Post by edwinp0606 replying to JP2019 »

I'd say, I will not count on it to get a heated cup. It is hotter towards the group head but not hot enough for my preference. I instead pour hot water on it first before use. In a plumb in unit, which mine will be it will not be a big hassle. I don't have to refill often the tank.

edwinp0606

#77: Post by edwinp0606 »

JP2019 wrote:I dont know, I kind of see it in the video Voltage posted as well. And some of the other more genuine videos. Maybe being picky, or thats just an effect but there does seem to be a slight gap toward the top of the circle.

Since the machine is giving you heating issues, does this only occur in trying to go to standby? Does the Prima allow full shutdown and start up without standby? For the times the machine does work, what are your thoughts on the easy cream wand.
It only happened during putting it on standby without reaching the set temperature.

The easy cream wand if I can figure it out, it will be a good
feature. I still have to play now
with the placement of the nozzle in the drink and the adjustment of the hot air for a fine to larger air bubbles. I am excited about this actually.

Advertisement
Transporter

#78: Post by Transporter »

JP2019 wrote:Yes, that opening. More noticeable in the video. I guess from looking down, its not that big of a deal. Can't wait to see mine in person and start testing some of the things mentioned on this forum.

I think they could have used a spacer to fill the gap and remove any opening. The front panel is slanted, and if they followed the lines, the steam gauge would point in a downwards direction making it more challenging to view when looking from a top view.

MTN Gert (original poster)

#79: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

JP2019 wrote:MTN Gert,

Since your not having the random heating issues, how would you rate the cup warming aspect of the top?
I agree with edwinp, the top does not get hot like a traditional machine. I think this is great because it means I am throwing away that much less energy. I just purge brew water or hot water dispenser into my cup before I start my puck prep.
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

JP2019
Supporter

#80: Post by JP2019 »

Not trying to rob thread here, just saw new video review posted and thought I share. Havent watched yet, but needs sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wWVQ724bHU