Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 61

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JP2019
Supporter

#601: Post by JP2019 »

The comment regarding their volumetric experience is misleading. It's stated somewhere or it was recommend by Simonelli, that when you are setting your volumetric dose, you should do so with actual coffee in the portafilter which makes sense. My espresso extractions are always accurately pulled. On occasion off by a minor + or - acceptable range. I usually pull 42g out without issue even accounting for 6 seconds of pre-infusion.

In terms of the warning sign of the tank running low, that is a good recommendation. I would send a note to VA to inquire about it.

JP2019
Supporter

#602: Post by JP2019 »

Shift_Six wrote:Lavamat,
Keep me posted on this one.
- The machine leaks water from the inside after every brew. I will soon open it to check where it is coming from and possibly report back here.

I've noticed ours does this, and also occasionally while pulling a shot. Though it comes out of a spout just behind the front wall and there is a cut out in the drip tray specifically for it so I figured it was normal.
Now the more I think about it, it doesn't exactly seem normal to make a product that is designed to leak lol (even if the espresso still tastes great)

Let me know what you guys think. If I need to get service involved or if its doing something that is perfectly normal.
I think this is related to the backflush manifold which has an o-ring/gasket that can break overtime. I've seen a few mention it before. Reach out to support to see if they can send you another. It could also be the clear hose in the same manifold, where the tube clamp is not seated correctly.

Diskus

#603: Post by Diskus »

Do you have a picture from this, where this O Ring is?
Can I change this O Ring by myself?

JP2019
Supporter

#604: Post by JP2019 »

I dont see why you can not change it yourself. Looking at the part and the diagram, seems super simple. I havent needed to do this yet but it seems it has just two screws to undo and then replace gasket if you find it is broken. It could also just need tightening.

I circled it in the exploded diagram. Id have to go take a picture of my machine, but you can't miss it once you take off the bottom front shield. The black manifold is pretty much right there, dead center and in front with 4 tubes going in it. This is where ive been told the leaks can occur and the fix is either the o-ring, tightening the screens to better secure the seal, or checking the hoses that are attaching to it for any gaps or incorrectly seated.

You can confirm the leak is here by running a cycle with a bowl to catch water from the brew group and when it stops, you can see what happens with the backflush since the front faceplate is off. If you see the leak at the manifold, you know what is needed.

https://vamachinery.com/downloads/Explo ... 021_05.pdf

Check out page 11.

Diskus

#605: Post by Diskus »

Question: I have also an issue with leakage and drops. see picture below. do you think this is the same issue as described?

JP2019
Supporter

#606: Post by JP2019 »

Yes, I would think this is the culprit. The manifold is the only thing in the front of the machine there that would leak water in my opinion. If you run the brew for a few seconds and watch it a few times, when the backflush occurs, you should see something happen somewhere.

Diskus

#607: Post by Diskus »

but it drops not always....
perhaps 1-2 weeks no dropping, then it begins to drop when I brew 10 espressos in a short time
example: during adjusting the machine - e.g. play with pressure knob, long brewing time, and so on.... (when I try new kind of coffee beans)

JP2019
Supporter

#608: Post by JP2019 »

I would this it can still be the case. If the gasket is still good and is only happening occasionally, it might just be wearing down. I would just keep watch when the front panel is off. I'm pretty sure you will notice it within a few minutes of trying a few times.

Diskus

#609: Post by Diskus »

Sometimes (not always!) when I start my APP and search the coffee machine, the app brings up a warning "operation fail", firmware version of the selected coffee Machine is not compliant with this app... see picture below.
Then when I click OK, and after this I press the button "search" again, the app starts and work properly and everything is fine...

I have now the V220 and the latest app version.....
(app was deleted and refreshed again, same failure, no difference)

Anyone has the same Issue or has an Idea?

pschloes

#610: Post by pschloes »

Yes I get the same app error message but it connects on the second try