Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 59

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Proximina

#581: Post by Proximina »

I was able to upgrade to version 204 from v100 without much trouble. Just needed to have an extra cr1220 battery (machine gave an aa error).

Which instructions guide are you using?

MrBrutti

#582: Post by MrBrutti »

I am using the ones provided by the Nueva Simonelli up in WA. But I tried two different methods. Manual says you have to have the machine off when intersecting the USB drive. And then turned it on. But their instruction says it has to be on. I tried both ways, different USB drivers, etc, etc. It looks like it is updating but the App in the iPhone still says it is V100.

BeanyBaz

#583: Post by BeanyBaz »

Where does one obtain the latest and greatest firmware from please?
Mine is a 2022 delivered machine, late Jan. How do I find any more details?
I only have one single solitary issue with mine: My scheduler (auto power on/power off) doesn't work on Sunday!!!
Every other day of the week it works fine, but sunday it will not for love nor money turn on auto. I've reset it, deleted the schedule and redone it a few times. Sunday, nothing.

It's not a massive issue, but one I'd love to fix to get the last inch out of it! I want that sucker hot when I wake up on Sunday morning. :D

Umbrella166

#584: Post by Umbrella166 »

I would certainly like to work on such a machine, but first of all, it is very expensive, and I'm a beginner in this)

Viper.gts

#585: Post by Viper.gts »

Heeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!

My prima was running and out of a sudden switched off itself and now I am not able to turn her on again. It seems like there would no power. However if I put another device in the same plug no issue so issue must be with the machine and not my kitchen. Any ideas?

Neilt

#586: Post by Neilt »

Thermal fuse. Hopefully they will send a new one and it will be fixed. A known issue.

Shift_Six

#587: Post by Shift_Six »

Well we just received our machine. (Took 10 weeks after ordering because they were testing and updating them prior to shipping.) Maybe that's a good thing?
After a bunch of research, questions asked about this and the LMLM, we were stoked to have finally pulled the trigger on it.
Now after reading up on this thread, maybe a bit hesitant to really be happy. Hoping they worked out the early teething issues by now.

Wife's looking to use it to do a little coffee trailer weekend business and finding something small, efficient, commercially certified with some of its features, it seemed like the only one on the list that checked those boxes while barely staying in our budget. Probably too late now but if you were in our shoes would you have picked the E1 Prima or something else? Doesn't really seem like the majority of the early issues have been huge. A fuse, some app stuff that's constantly getting tweaked, etc etc probably still hugely frustrating to go through.

Anyways we got her unboxed and plugged in, and flushed. She's pretty. Fingers crossed this isn't an expensive mistake.

JTom

#588: Post by JTom »

I was in your shoes. I was scared off. I talked to the VA Rep, who gave me the name of the local service company. I called them, and never got a call back. I bought a Swiss made machine with very little to go wrong and a long service record.
The Eagle One Prima machine is I believe, the best looking machine out there. I also have an Atom 75 for grinding.

Transporter

#589: Post by Transporter replying to JTom »

The Olympia Cremina has exceptional built quality, I tasted several espresso shots this week from it, and it was terrific. You will not have any regrets on this purchase.

Transporter

#590: Post by Transporter »

Shift_Six wrote:Well we just received our machine. (Took 10 weeks after ordering because they were testing and updating them prior to shipping.) Maybe that's a good thing?
After a bunch of research, questions asked about this and the LMLM, we were stoked to have finally pulled the trigger on it.
Now after reading up on this thread, maybe a bit hesitant to really be happy. Hoping they worked out the early teething issues by now.

Wife's looking to use it to do a little coffee trailer weekend business and finding something small, efficient, commercially certified with some of its features, it seemed like the only one on the list that checked those boxes while barely staying in our budget. Probably too late now but if you were in our shoes would you have picked the E1 Prima or something else? Doesn't really seem like the majority of the early issues have been huge. A fuse, some app stuff that's constantly getting tweaked, etc etc probably still hugely frustrating to go through.

Anyways we got her unboxed and plugged in, and flushed. She's pretty. Fingers crossed this isn't an expensive mistake.

I hope you have a great experience with the machine and that enough time has passed to rectify all outstanding issues. The commercial side of VA is solid, but I don't personally think their consumer market is on par with La Marzocco, where they had focused on providing trustworthy service.

Keep us posted on your experience.