Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 53

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bbuijsman

#521: Post by bbuijsman »

Password is "1936"

jdelec

#522: Post by jdelec »

Thank you

EnochArden

#523: Post by EnochArden »

Hi-

I am not sure to have seen the answer nor a clear video about how the pressure knob of the E1P can be used.

Is it possible through the app or the knob, to start the shot with a 2-3 bars pre-infusion and turn up to 6-9 bars after a few seconds, I mean live... just like a pressure flow paddle that can be found on a Lelit Bianca for instance?

It does not sound clear to me what are the possibilities offered with pre-wetting/infusion.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated :)

Transporter

#524: Post by Transporter replying to EnochArden »

The pump pressure knob at the bottom of the machine allows you to set the pump pressure and adjust it easily without the need to remove a panel or modify the pump pressure screw. The adjustment isn't suited for pressure profiling or changing on the fly. I would not use it to adjust profiles since the delay in the app's pump pressure reading is not coinciding with what the pump is doing.

Look at a manual paddle machine or something different if you want to have all these adjustments. Keep in mind that sometimes too much adjustment can lead to undesirable results.

I just parted with my machine this week. My next machine will probably be a La Marzocco or maybe a Slayer.

bbuijsman

#525: Post by bbuijsman »

I also just sold my Eagle 1 and bought a GS3 MP.

In comparison, the Marzocco just feels better made, although I loved the design of the Eagle 1.

After failing 2 times in the first 9 months, I just don't really trust the Eagle 1 anymore.

edwinp0606

#526: Post by edwinp0606 »

Same happened to me yesterday. NS NA is sending me the fuse shown here. Hopefully, this is just it.

Viper.gts

#527: Post by Viper.gts »

What have you defined as steam boiler setting: setpoint (bar)?

edwinp0606

#528: Post by edwinp0606 »

On the app, it is set to the maximum pressure.

Viper.gts

#529: Post by Viper.gts »

Of the milk steamer?

What have you guys set as value?

edwinp0606

#530: Post by edwinp0606 »

Yes, of the milk steamer. I think the max is 2.6 psi. Whatever is the maximum value. Why did you ask? Curious to know.