Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 6

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
edwinp0606

#51: Post by edwinp0606 »

MTN Gert wrote:ideally you would have something like 6 seconds on 3seconds off and 9 seconds duration

If you made it 18 seconds duration it will repeat 2x (6 on 3 off 6 on 3 off)

If you had 6 on 3 off and duration 10. Then I think it would go through the pre wetting cycle and then just brewing because the remaining 1 seconds would be on anyway

Brewing time in display is the shot timer on the group head display. 10 seconds means it stays on 10 seconds after brewing is complete

Thanks. Well explained. The app definitely needs a lot of work, IMHO. For example on the prewetting/infusion, they should have programmed it such that the minimum duration time is set automatically to the total On and Off times. Consequently, the Duration time should be in the increment of the total On and Off prewetting setting.

edwinp0606

#52: Post by edwinp0606 »

MTN Gert wrote:I would say at least where I live in the greater Seattle area my customers run about 40% simonelli 30% la Marzocco and 30% everything else. Simonelli is very popular especially the Appia and Aurelia machines. Resale should not be a problem but keep in mind if you buy a machine for $1000 and easily sell it for $700 you only lose $300, if you buy a machine for $5500 and sell it for 4800 the % loss is less but you still lost $700 vs $300.

No new photos but just ask if you need something specific

Paddles look easy enough to replace but I don't know when someone will start on aftermarket items if you can't make it yourself.

If i remember correctly yes I got the gold package. I don't think it matters because my 2 calls to simonelli were promptly answered with no request for serial number etc.

One thing on day one I didn't mention before, it had a A3 error code and somonelli told me its an error for heating to slow, I diagnosed it to be a high limit sensor on the brew boiler was tripped from the factory. They were willing to have me bring it in, ship it in, or walk me through fixing it if needed help. Also they instantly shipped out the non resetable limit switches for both the boiler and grouphead in case it was one of those. Lucky for me 5 min with a multi meter and a paper clip to reset and I was back in business. The whole experience was fantastic and the reason why I sold my prosumer machine to get a commercial brand.

Only recent additional con as mentioned prior was that I am having a hard time setting the volumetrics with the group head but the app works great. Just an update needed I'm sure.

I would love an eta on the release of machine on off scheduling but I have been leaving it on overnight and the machine never gets very hot. Much cooler and I'm assuming efficient vs a Linea mini

I just made a 4oz of milk latte and I was grinning the whole time being able to brew and steam at the same time and still have enough time to wipe the machine down before brew completed automatically. Unnecessary for the home but so awesome !

Keep the questions coming. It's good that we get this info out there so people can figure out if this is the right machine for them without losing sleep

I just has the A3 error happened to me earlier today. After fully activating the machine, I put it on standby mode without fully heating the machine to the brew head temperature setting. The heating sign kept on blinking from the time I turned it on and to the time I put it on standby. I thought the heating sign will eventually disappear. Well, an hour later or so, the A3 error appeared and the heating sign was still blinking. I turned off the machine and restarted it back, allowed the machine to reach the brew head temperature setting before I put it on standby mode. Well, the A3 has not reappeared. I think, the A3 code appeared because the machine was put on stand by without allowing to fully heat it. Kind of annoying because that means you have to go through the entire heating cycle first before putting it on standby mode.

The steam definitely has a lot of power. It has more steam energy than my double boiler (110V, 20amps) Dream T La Spaz. No complains on this department, other than the Easy Cream wand is not working fully. The steam should turn off when the final temperature of the milk is reached.

Will surely post questions and learnings on this machine. I can't wait to plumb in this unit. Waiting for the filter cartridge to arrive.

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
MTN Gert (original poster)

#53: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

edwinp0606 wrote: I just has the A3 error happened to me earlier today. After fully activating the machine, I put it on standby mode without fully heating the machine to the brew head temperature setting. The bluetooth sign kept on blinking from the time I turned it on and to the time I put it on standby. I thought the wifi sign will eventually disappear. Well, an hour later or so, the A3 error appeared and the wifi sign was still blinking. I turned off the machine and restarted it back, allowed the machine to reach the brew head temperature setting before I put it on standby mode. Well, the A3 has not reappeared. I think, the A3 code appeared because the machine was put on stand by without allowing to fully heat it. Kind of annoying because that means you have to go through the entire heating cycle first before putting it on standby mode.

The steam definitely has a lot of power. It has more steam energy than my double boiler (110V, 20amps) Dream T La Spaz. No complains on this department, other than the Easy Cream wand is not working fully. The steam should turn off when the final temperature of the milk is reached.

Will surely post questions and learnings on this machine. I can't wait to plumb in this unit. Waiting for the filter cartridge to arrive.
I have never had an issue turning in the machine and putting it into standby mode before it reached temperature. Maybe try it again and see if the error comes up.

I just read how to program easy cream.
Push and hold button a + c (left + right) to enter setup,
push center button to enter dS menue ,
now push steam lever to enter easy cream program,
Use A and C buttons to change temp
Once temperature is set push Center B button to confirm
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

edwinp0606

#54: Post by edwinp0606 »

Thanks for sharing this. I will try doing this on the machine vs over the app. Also, will try the standby mode.

Will report back.

Transporter
Supporter ♡

#55: Post by Transporter »

edwinp0606 wrote: I just has the A3 error happened to me earlier today. After fully activating the machine, I put it on standby mode without fully heating the machine to the brew head temperature setting. The bluetooth sign kept on blinking from the time I turned it on and to the time I put it on standby. I thought the wifi sign will eventually disappear. Well, an hour later or so, the A3 error appeared and the wifi sign was still blinking. I turned off the machine and restarted it back, allowed the machine to reach the brew head temperature setting before I put it on standby mode. Well, the A3 has not reappeared. I think, the A3 code appeared because the machine was put on stand by without allowing to fully heat it. Kind of annoying because that means you have to go through the entire heating cycle first before putting it on standby mode.

If you set a temperature target in the easy cream application, is it possible to manually override the setting during the steam, or does it just cut off?

edwinp0606

#56: Post by edwinp0606 »

Supposedly to cut off. But this might be an offset issue. I am going to play with it tonight.

edwinp0606

#57: Post by edwinp0606 » replying to edwinp0606 »

As a starter, when I went to the technical setting, the machine steam configuration was under "Manual". I have changed it to Easy Cream. So, hopefully this is it. If not, I will play with the offset setting. More to come.

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
edwinp0606

#58: Post by edwinp0606 »

Hi OP. I did the Easy Cream setting on machine as you recommended, but it did not change anything. But I think it is because the machine was set to manual. I have changed it since then. I will test tomorrow morning.

edwinp0606

#59: Post by edwinp0606 »

edwinp0606 wrote: I just has the A3 error happened to me earlier today. After fully activating the machine, I put it on standby mode without fully heating the machine to the brew head temperature setting. The heating sign kept on blinking from the time I turned it on and to the time I put it on standby. I thought the heating sign will eventually disappear. Well, an hour later or so, the A3 error appeared and the heating sign was still blinking. I turned off the machine and restarted it back, allowed the machine to reach the brew head temperature setting before I put it on standby mode. Well, the A3 has not reappeared. I think, the A3 code appeared because the machine was put on stand by without allowing to fully heat it. Kind of annoying because that means you have to go through the entire heating cycle first before putting it on standby mode.

Well, the A3 code is back. I sent an email to NS.

MTN Gert (original poster)

#60: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) » replying to edwinp0606 »

This would probably explain why you are not getting better shots than the Spaziale dream. I wonder if your brew boiler limit switch is tripped like mine. Does your grouphead get very hot to get touch? If it does there is a good chance it is your brew boiler that is not warming.

Do you own a temp gun?

Easiest thing to try is taking temps of the brew boiler and surrounding fittings which should be 140°+

Also on top of your brew boiler you will see 2 different round temp switched, one has a hole you can stick a paperclip in till it clicks to reset. The other solid on is replace only if broken.

Your grouphead has the 2 same temp switches on the left side of the grouohead just inside of the machine and you can reset the one switch with a tiny Allen key if your grouphead isn't getting to hot to touch.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck I can try to upload pics after work tomorrow
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann