Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 39

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BCN

#381: Post by BCN »

To everyone who's currently adjusting the Offset values: There's a bug that servers users experienced. It could be caused by a communication issue between app and machine. When you save an offset change the value for group offset goes over 2000 degree Celsius and triggers the overheating fuses.

Please make sure to always check the offset values again directly after you saved an adjustment!! If this happens switch off the machine to prevent overheating and turn it on after it cooled down.

Transporter

#382: Post by Transporter »

I just got my machine this Saturday. It's a temporary setup since we are moving in two weeks. So far, everything works great, and the easy cream programming seems to function flawlessly.

Now that I can compare it to my prior GS3, it was the right direction for many reasons. Temperature stability is amazing, and the steam power creates significant dryer steam that heats the milk quickly. Personally, I wish it had a larger drip tray like the GS3.

jdelec

#383: Post by jdelec »

Congratulations on the new machine. I received mine 2 weeks ago. I upgraded from a mocha pot. Are you using the standard 58 mm for your compak?

Transporter

#384: Post by Transporter replying to jdelec »

I purchased both the 58mm and 58.3mm for the machine. Either of the sizes will work but I use the 58mm myself to ensure that their is enough clearance to avoid any suctions on the puck.

jdelec

#385: Post by jdelec »

Thank you, I will go for the 58mm.

111a111sk

#386: Post by 111a111sk »

What made you change from GS3? (AV?). And how was it's bugginess, and LM's support to home users?
There were so many bug reports with Prima, recently a botched firmware update, and the VA's response is so excruciatingly slow that it made me regret not paying the extra 20% for GS3 AV.

Transporter

#387: Post by Transporter »

111a111sk wrote:What made you change from GS3? (AV?). And how was its bugginess, and LM's support to home users?
There were so many bug reports with Prima, recently a botched firmware update, and the VA's response is so excruciatingly slow that it made me regret not paying the extra 20% for GS3 AV.
I think both machines are solid and have their own advantages that separate them. The GS3 has been in the market for a long time, and most of the issues have been resolved by users identify the problems. The Prima is a new machine and even with the software issues its a better product that utilizing an updated T3 system to provided superior temperature stability with higher steam pressure to be more efficient.

The Prima focus on providing efficiency and temperature stability which is one reason you don't have to wait over half an hour for it reach optimal temperature, the recover is also quicker because your not heating a large body of water. I have made over eight coffees back to back with steaming milk and can report no issues. I can't compare how the software was initally but the current version function without any issues for me and that included programing the easy cream.

The easycream option makes the E1 Prima on par with the GS3 AV price. I presonally think putting more money into the grinder would make more difference then the machine alone. The ability to programing pre wetting and other option make the machine more flexiable in achieving better results. I hated the wire controls for the steam but after using them for a bit, they have really grown on me and it makes sense even from a reliabilty prospective.

The LM staff are wonderful to work with and I have always applauded them on their after sales support. The Victoria Ardino staff have been helpful in explaing to me some feature on the machine but I don't have enough expereince to give you honest feedback here. I will have to see how my expereince varies with different techs to really provide some good feedback, it also depends on the day you catch someone.

jdelec

#388: Post by jdelec »

I have had questions about my Prima machine and Victoria Arduino has responded in under 15 minutes. I don't know if It's because I live in the USA. I will tell you the machine is absolutely beautiful. I am bummed that the drip tray had some scratches in one spot. I did not complain about it because I figured I would eventually scratch it myself. It takes about 15minutes to heat up after I take it out of stand bye in the morning. I watched the videos Victoria Arduino has put out and programming it is very simple. Like I said, I upgraded from a mocha pot and I have a Jura super automatic. What surprised me is after I got my head out of my *** how fast it is to make an espresso or cap. I think it's a lot faster than the Jura super automatic I have, and it is certainly light years better. I thought about this for a long time before the purchase. I went back and forth between the Linea Mini and the Prima, and then the Rocket R9. I read all the complaints on the Prima and said to myself they will fix them, so I took the plunge. So far I love it. Let's see in another 6 months how I feel. Style wise, it's a very good-looking machine. I purchase my coffee from a local roaster, greenwood lake roasters, and I am amazed at what it produces. Like the gentlemen said, the grinder is the key. I have a monolith MC3 with SSP burrs that only filled a super automatic and a mocha pot and I can say that the Prima has made espresso for me that my in experienced hands could only dream of. I am extremely thankful for both the grinder and the machine.

Transporter

#389: Post by Transporter »

Has anyone used the IMS competition basket (15g) or VST precision baskets 16/18G? I find that baskets included don't yield good results on 15G shots without moving up to 16-16.5G. Any preference for ridge or ridgeless?

Can anyone comment on the IMS Nano coating basket and if an issue exists in detergents that may degrade the coating?

BaristaBoy E61

#390: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Transporter wrote:The easycream option makes the E1 Prima on par with the GS3 AV price.
I haven't seen on any dealer web site where this is even a purchase option, much less its additional cost.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"