Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 35

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
icedlink

#341: Post by icedlink »

Hi just wanted to check with other users here
My unit makes a very loud pump noise, very often during startups.

Do you guys have the same issue ?

(I use internal tank, tank is always refilled after each use)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNJysx5TnQg

I've msg VA, they suggested me to check with my dealer/service center.

111a111sk

#342: Post by 111a111sk »

Yea mine makes very similar noises on startup

JP2019
Supporter

#343: Post by JP2019 »

Yes that is normal. I had asked the tech one time about it. It shouldn't happen every time but if your seeing the red tank symbol on the side then it's the boiler reading as empty and trying to refill. It's completely normal noise though. I use to freak out every time but eventually it stopped occurring as often. After plumbing in I rarely get this sounds.

icedlink

#344: Post by icedlink »

thanks for the replies, happy to know its normal 8) - its a concern as its kinda heavy and bulky to bring it back to the dealer to check.

I still think that the security for the APP / BT connection to prima isnt good enough, anyone with the app can just connect to a nearby machine, (probably cant change its offsets as password protected) , but they are able to change the brew temp, steam pressure, dosing, pre-wetting etc without the owner/operator knowing.

i hope VA can work around this by using Wifi - as it limits the connection to only those connected to the same network.

my wishlist is
1. fix the app login issue - ( i need to relogin every time. - apple login doesnt work, FB login doesnt work (previously did preUpdate), google works
2. add auto-on timer.
3. option to show pressure on Brewhead. (most scales have a timer)
4. if they allow to add a scale with bt capability - that will be awesome . gravitech prima.
5. auto purge seems not consistent after the latest app update - (i think its not related)

111a111sk

#345: Post by 111a111sk »

Does anyone know how to manually put the machine to stand-by?

BCN

#346: Post by BCN replying to 111a111sk »

Press the middle button for about 5 sec. No idea why the manual doesn't say anything about it (only says how to wake up from standby).

111a111sk

#347: Post by 111a111sk »

OMG so the Android not seeing the machine is because you must have the location enabled for some reason.

icedlink

#348: Post by icedlink »

:?
this is not required for iOS users, not shared to the app (location settings)

have anyone noticed this. (Temperature shown at BG)
after initial starting up / warming up, it will show the current temperature (on the brew-group) eg 28 deg then it will slowly rise to the temperature set by the user.

i've seen that the screen will go off at different times.
mostly around 84-85 then the screen turns off, and at times it went to 88 - 89

if it goes off at 84-85 and i want to brew it can instantly (even the temperature set was 93)
there was once the screen lit back and continue to heat up to 93

- This makes me wonder if the temperature shown on the Brew-Group if is the boiler temp or the BrewGroup temp ?

anyways I suggest to at least purge a shot before actual brewing - it can heat up the PF as well.

111a111sk

#349: Post by 111a111sk »

Yea mine also turns off the display around 86°C. It shows the temp again when the app connects.
I think it's temp reading from the brew boiler. But that's 2nd of the 3 stages. I believe together with the steam boiler pass-through and the heated brew head, the set temperature will be reached already when the displays goes off.

edwinp0606

#350: Post by edwinp0606 »

I got a firmware update on my machine. Not sure what bugs are fixed but I noticed it heats up faster. The group head heat light turns on and off often now which I have not noticed before the update. I suppose it does maintain the temperature to a close tolerance. The spent puck looks much better. I used to have large craters which I suspect was due to overheated brew water. The app is able to connect right away to the machine as well.
We have discussed this before about water pooling under the machine. The culprit in mine was from a broken gasket. It wan't because of the size of the catch tray. The gasket is in the black bock that serves as a conduit and dampens water pressure release after the back flush.