Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 30

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Viper.gts

#291: Post by Viper.gts »

Is there a difference in prewetting when prima is connected to the waterpipes in terms of ramping up the pressure? Or is she always going up to the pressure that is set for prewetting?

Vincere

#292: Post by Vincere »

what are the main difference from a gs3 VA and the new eagle one prima?

If Could get either at about the same price, should I go for one more than the other?

111a111sk

#293: Post by 111a111sk »

I was deciding between them and struggled to find many differences

GS3 has 10x larger brew boiler, slower heat-up, tank behind drip tray. From the subjective things: 80s UI and design.

// Even with the tiny brew boiler, Prima is still perfectly capable and stable in high load, the Swiss reviewers measured with Scace 10+ shots in series

emslibbles

#294: Post by emslibbles »

Proven in market (gs3) plays new and shiny (E1P).

Pure boilers capacity (gs3) plays fast start up time (E1P)

I don't know whether the gs3 has added pre-wetting or not? But the E1P certainly has it, if you're into it?

Personally, i just needed temp stability and steam power, which the E1P has (for $3K less than a gs3 in Australia...). And as long as the machine has capacity for serious volumes of coffees (which my early indication of the E1P is that it does) then I kinda like smaller boilers that refresh a lot more often.

Vincere

#295: Post by Vincere »

I can have either GS3 or prima for the same price over here, so that's why I'm wondering which I should i go for.

emslibbles

#296: Post by emslibbles »

Well then Vincere, I would say it comes down to your equation of these two points.
emslibbles wrote:Proven in market (gs3) plays new and shiny (E1P).

Pure boilers capacity (gs3) plays fast start up time (E1P)
I don't think one is objectively better. I was happy to buy either.

111a111sk

#297: Post by 111a111sk »

Vincere wrote:I can have either GS3 or prima for the same price over here, so that's why I'm wondering which I should i go for.
In most countries GS3 costs 20% more. So for exactly the same price, I'd probably go with GS3, IF it is the latest IoT version.

sidcam

#298: Post by sidcam »

Vincere wrote:when we talk about the prima, we talk about LMLM, gs3 etc but why no one talks about rocket R9 one?
Vincere, That is the comparison I'm looking for too!

From a commercial standpoint I could see how the Prima is a better choice do to weight, size, efficiency, etc. But from a home standpoint the price between the two is close enough that they would seem to be natural competitors.

Viper.gts

#299: Post by Viper.gts »

One thing that is seldom discussed somehow but I REALLY start to love are the touch paddles for water and steam. I was also skeptical as I was used handles all the time, but it is soooooo convenient, fast and easy and needs much less focus during use.

icedlink

#300: Post by icedlink »

Greetings from Malaysia,
I've just purchased a E1Prima Steelux with a Prima/Atom grinder. cant wait to set it up