Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 29

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Phaedrus

#281: Post by Phaedrus »

Elmo, you're in Australia right? Is it true the Prima is capped at 1800w there like it is in the US?

emslibbles

#282: Post by emslibbles »

Yep Phaedrus, Australia.

Power management is locked on in Australia, as our sockets are 10amp 240v.

And yep, certification sticker says 1800W.

Phaedrus

#283: Post by Phaedrus »

Good to know that the Prima is still a steaming beast even with power management. Thanks!

emslibbles

#284: Post by emslibbles replying to Phaedrus »

That it is!

I steamed 600ml (uhm, I think thats just over 20oz...) while pulling shots, and it didn't get below 1.5bars (i.e. still higher than a lot of prosumer machines can get to...)

edwinp0606

#285: Post by edwinp0606 »

I just put the SI IMS 200. I noticed the screw does not sit well like in the VA screen shower, but I figured out it will not make any difference. However, when I pulled the shot, it wasn't what I have expected. The puck looked worst than when using the VA screen shower. I changed the pre-infusion setting to 3 on, 10 sec off, total 26. it cycles twice. This is after numerous testing. The puck looks better and it had an even extract and the espresso tasted good. I will keep using it for now until I am convinced of its performance. I have a feeling though, I might put back the VA screen shower and try a different basket.

General question to all espresso machine owners. Does your basket flex during extraction? I am wondering if this is one of the causes of side basket channeling. I use a VST 18g basket.

Rgoldman

#286: Post by Rgoldman »

emslibbles wrote:It's an electric switch Rgoldman. So 1 or 0 proposition.

But you can adjust the steam boiler pressure so it's less powerful and then adjust it over days, weeks, months, as you get used to it. Or even adjust it between brews depending on how much milk you're going to need for that time.

I started at 2 bars, which was what my old machine ran at and now I've dialled it up to 2.4. Milk for a 6 oz coffee in only a few seconds... well under 10!
Thank you!

edwinp0606

#287: Post by edwinp0606 »

Ok. The long infusion is not working. The thought was to fully saturate, allow the water to evenly distribute and absorbed. But it looks like in an espresso machine setting, the concept of simulating the pourover does not translate. So, back to short pre-infusion and even leaning closer to putting back the orig VA screen shower.

Viper.gts

#288: Post by Viper.gts »

Just curious to learn what your setting are for the prewetting. I played a bit around today and wanted to compare a bit

Vincere

#289: Post by Vincere »

when we talk about the prima, we talk about LMLM, gs3 etc but why no one talks about rocket R9 one?

emslibbles

#290: Post by emslibbles »

I personally don't really like pre-wetting, kind of more a gradual soft preinfusion kinda guy. (I have a 100% untested theory that on-off water introduces yet another variable to puck stability). So, I'm a 0 seconds user of that feature so far!

FWIW, my non-scientific listening+looking at the pressure gauge in the app tells me it takes about 9 seconds before the E1P reaches 9 bar, so quite a nice long ramp there.