Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 26

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
edwinp0606

#251: Post by edwinp0606 »

Gert, do you mind sharing which Cafelat gasket and the IMS shower screen? The shower screen as it is, it looks fine. But if I can get maximize the potential, I am up for it.
Thanks.

MTN Gert (original poster)

#252: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

#253: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

Just finished my Ceado E37T hopper lid to match the E1P PF I did out of purple heart.

How is everyone doing since the dose vs basket conversation? I feel like going back to the IMS 16/20g basket has allowed me to hit the sweet spot with several roasts now. Much more forgiving than the factory 14g basket.

Phaedrus

#254: Post by Phaedrus »

After looking at the E1 Prime exploded diagram (man there's a lot of solenoids in that thing), I took a quick look at the manual and came across this:

At the end of installation, the device is switched ON and taken to rated operating conditions, leaving it in a state in which it is "ready for operation".
After reaching the "ready for operation" condition, the following dispensing operations are carried out:
• 100% of the coffee circuit through the coffee dispenser;
• Open the steam outlet for 1 minute;
• Complete emptying of the steam boiler. Repeat this operation at least 3 times.
At the end of installation, it is good practice to draw up a report of the operations.

I don't see any instructions on how to actually empty the steam boiler though. For you E1 Prima owners, what did you do? Are there boiler drains that are not documented?

#255: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

I don't know for certain but the Prima steam tank is around 2L and so I just used the hot water wand a little at a time until I got about 6L out. There is a service cover below the machine that probably goes to a drain and heating element access but I did not want to go the route of tipping the machine over 3 times before starting haha. The LMLM is just as bad as you have to disconnect the heating elements and bleed the system

edwinp0606

#256: Post by edwinp0606 »

Filled up the water tank and run it until empty.

emslibbles

#257: Post by emslibbles »

Hey MTN Gert, did you ever figure out a way to automate/timer this bad boy coming on?

Just got mine today and I can't see a way to do this, and I think from the 26 pages of this thread I didn't see that there was a solution yet?

#258: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) replying to emslibbles »

You are correct and didn't miss anything. I am under the impression that VA is putting all of its efforts to fix the initial release quirks like A3 errors on some machines and Volumetric programming issues. The latest app doesn't crash on me anymore either. Still no Samsung S20 compatability or On Off programming yet. Since it is a low power use machine I just leave it on before I go to bed.

JeeeKa

#259: Post by JeeeKa »

Hi all,

My Prima was picked up by the Dutch dealer and the purchase price has kindly been refunded.

I am not waiting for the Lapera DS lever machine as I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a Founders Circle edition.

I will keep following this thread and hope the remaining issues will be solved in due course.

JP2019
Supporter ♡

#260: Post by JP2019 »

Phaedrus wrote:After looking at the E1 Prime exploded diagram (man there's a lot of solenoids in that thing), I took a quick look at the manual and came across this:

At the end of installation, the device is switched ON and taken to rated operating conditions, leaving it in a state in which it is "ready for operation".
After reaching the "ready for operation" condition, the following dispensing operations are carried out:
• 100% of the coffee circuit through the coffee dispenser;
• Open the steam outlet for 1 minute;
• Complete emptying of the steam boiler. Repeat this operation at least 3 times.
At the end of installation, it is good practice to draw up a report of the operations.

I don't see any instructions on how to actually empty the steam boiler though. For you E1 Prima owners, what did you do? Are there boiler drains that are not documented?
Not sure if this will help with initial question about emptying the steam boiler, but before I moved I asked how to drain out the water in the machine so it would not suffer the move. Here is the instructions from the tech at Simonelli for anyone interested.

Purging all the water from the prima is not easy. It is not really designed for an end user to be able to do.

You can depressurize the machine which is really the best you can do. Put a cup under the group and angle the hot water wand to also point into the cup. Start with the steam wand pointed into the drain tray. With the machine on, press and hold all three buttons on the front of the machine. After a few seconds the screen will read "EB" and you can release. It will then count down and begin to purge the group, hot water wand, and steam wand. After the first few seconds you can pull the steam wand away from the machine (you just want the first little bit of water to go into the drain tray). Once all the steam is out of the machine you can turn it off using the main power button under the machine on the right.