Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
edwinp0606

#111: Post by edwinp0606 »

Show off :-). Maybe I have high expectations on espresso machines. Do you think the pressure and temperature readings are not measured at the grouphead? Also, did they say when a new app update will be out? So far my connection on my Iphone has not been an issue.

MTN Gert (original poster)

#112: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

I don't think your expectations are too high. I was just prepared for a few initial release issues to be ironed out. Simonelli USA does not seem to be involved in app development and has not given any specifics on update release dates.

I don't think pressure readings are done at the grouohead because is still shows 8.4 barr without the portafilter in. Im not sure where they placed the pressure sensor

I just tried to use my portafilter pressure gauge and didn't have luck. The Victoria arduino ss portafilters accept the screw on gauge but the handles are so thick that they contact the group head before the portafilter makes a seal. The portafilter loses a few mm without a basket in.

I'm guessing a standard spouted Simonelli portafilter will work with the gauge, maybe I will borrow one from my aunt or dad to test it out.

Playing with the app again the pressure display in the app was actually stable with the backflush basket in. Took about 20 seconds on average to hit max pressure
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

edwinp0606

#113: Post by edwinp0606 »

I observed the same when used the backflush basket. Is that how you set your target pressure? How did the reading compare during the actual extraction? Curious to know. Because my experience was that it read higher. It did not make sense to me. So, I thought perhaps it is not the proper way to adjust the pressure but rather do it with actual extraction.

#114: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

I would personally set the pump pressure with the backflush filter in because it will keep a consistent pressure vs a coffee puck. After initially setting pump pressure I would adjust to taste

Marco_83

#115: Post by Marco_83 »

Hello I'm interested in this machine because I was really surprised by the coffees I tasted issued from an E1 2 groups. This Prima version is supposed to be exactly the same, but in a 1 group version. It remains to be confirmed if the taste is right and strictly identical.

What I would like to know is how the pre-brewing is really made on this machine.

I've been told about a soft pre-infusion with a light jet of water ....
I heard a salesman of the brand talking about water falling by gravity on the coffe puck for a gently pre infusion...

What is done and how exactly ?

Nothing is really clear on the group head diagram of this prima.

Thanks for your help to understand the technics behind this, allowing a great coffee in cup. :)

#116: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

Hello and welcome.

I think we have covered the pre infusion topic pretty well with what knowledge and experience the users have so far. Please feel free to reread this thread and also the thread

Upgrading: La Marzocco Linea Mini vs. Victoria Arduino Prima

I'm pretty sure what makes the coffee great from the Prima is the T3 or "NEO" heating system that makes the temperature extremely stable which allows the shots to be dialed in very accurately for best flavor.

When I do a very light roast I start at 95°c which only takes seconds and is already stable at the group head itself. If I go back to a darker roast I set it to 92°c and flush for 10 seconds

I almost never turn on the Pre infusion setting because the flow is slow enough to not need pre wetting to save a less than perfect coffee puck.

Marco_83

#117: Post by Marco_83 »

Sorry but the functioning of the SIS is not clearly explained here, I mean from a technical point of view.

What it consist of and how is it designed and implemented in this machine ?

#118: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

I would recommend calling Simonelli tech department. I don't think anyone has taken their machine apart in the month since receiving them. I understand what your question is but I don't understand why you have that question outside of curiosity. If I understood why you are so concerned with knowing how it works maybe I can answer your concerns

somnium

#119: Post by somnium »

I got me E1P today and after setting it up i am getting an A2 error. Anyone has experience with this and know what this is about? I'll try to contact the importer tomorrow about this.

#120: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

Oh no! Me and Edwin have had A3 errors not A2. Did it go away with turning the machine off and back on? Please let let us know what Simonelli says it is. Sorry to hear it is not problem free out of the box