Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima - Page 11

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Transporter

#101: Post by Transporter »

MTN Gert wrote:I think tamper is going to be effected alot more by basket being used vs the machine and portafilter. My 58.4mm amd 58.5mm tampers fits the included precision Simonelli basket very snug. I mostly use a 16/20g IMS basket which still has the slightest play with my 58.5mm tamper. 58.3mm or more would be my preference
Is the white on the machine the same color and shine as is on the mythos2 white grinder? I am trying to understand if it's a matt in color like the black version.

MTN Gert (original poster)

#102: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

Yes more of a matt flat white. No texture though
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

edwinp0606

#103: Post by edwinp0606 »

Update on A3 code issue. No resolve other than being asked to drop off the unit to the nearest local service center. It appeared again yesterday while on standby mode. I was told that perhaps it might be caused by lose connections that could happen during transport. But I suspect it is an electronic related issue.I am learning more about the machine's functions and set up. The Easy Cream Wand actual and machine temperature readings is about 17˚F off. Actual steamed milk temperature is hotter than the machine display. To make the best foam, good practices in steaming milk still applies. Place the tip just right under the milk surface and adjust accordingly during steam. You can control the dose out manually using the middle button, but you have to create a program in Recipe and then send it to the machine for the Easy Cream Wand and Pre-Wetting settings.

If you want crema on your drink, disengage the pre-wetting function and the opposite applies. For folks who are scraping and do not like the excess taste (astringency, bitterness) baggage in crema, just disable the pre-wetting feature.

I saw a little puddle under the machine, but it does not bother me. It is not excessive. But yes, if you have a water sensitive table surface then you might have to put a pan or something to catch water overflow.

The machine has started growing on me now that I understand how more the functionality of the machine. How I wish the A3 has never came up. And yes, the app needs optimization. Need the auto off/on schedule feature.

Transporter

#104: Post by Transporter replying to edwinp0606 »

Did Victoria Arduino have any response to why the temperature readings are off on the machine?

Did you see any indication that a cable might be damaged, resulting in rubbing on the machine frame's edges that might have rubbed off the protective jacket?

Does the spill only occur while backflushing the machine?

edwinp0606

#105: Post by edwinp0606 »

Did Victoria Arduino have any response to why the temperature readings are off on the machine? Not quite sure your reference here.

Did you see any indication that a cable might be damaged, resulting in rubbing on the machine frame's edges that might have rubbed off the protective jacket?
I checked as far as I can see and visually inspected them, nothing stood out as out order.

Does the spill only occur while backflushing the machine?
Thats my suspicion.

Transporter

#106: Post by Transporter replying to edwinp0606 »

In your previous post, you mention that the temperature differentiation is 17˚F, has Victoria Arduino identified the issue with this or made any recommendation on how to resolve it?

It is normal to see some liquid during backflushing as it's hitting a smaller container, nothing to worry about in my view. Even with these minute issues, I am glad that the machine has grown on you. It sounds like the machine is solid, even with a couple of outstanding items that need to be resolved.

edwinp0606

#107: Post by edwinp0606 »

Got you. No explanation other than to adjust the offset in the app. How I wish they have a better QA/QC where machine temperature and pressure readings are calibrated before release. Maybe they do. But because of this, I am now doubting if the brew head reading is accurate. Or I would need a scace to map this out. I understand the drift over time but not that much difference out of from the factory. I will retest using a styrofoam cup to compare actual (my thermometer) and machine readings.

Ultimately, it is the quality of drink that matters. But it will be good to know the accuracy of the temp and pressure readings because these are part of what are adjusted.

#108: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) replying to edwinp0606 »

Does Simonelli have any updates for you yet? Simonelli team Italy had me download a custom app to log why it is not connecting to my galaxy s20 but connects to my old S7.

I was looking up steam tips and it looks like it comes with the latte art tip but you can also buy the competition tip or potentially the Aurelia tip for faster steaming of large milk pitchers. I will most likely keep the latte art version since it still steams incedably fast compared to the average home machine.

edwinp0606

#109: Post by edwinp0606 »

I was supposed to take my machine to a local repair shop. I talked to the repair tech and lo and behold after we talked the A3 appeared! I took a video of that and sent it to him. At the same time, I disabled the power management on the app. I told him that I will observe the machine with this setting. I was thinking that if the issue is about slow heating, maybe, just maybe that it is related to the power management setting on the app. This was last Friday, and to date, I have not seen the A3 yet. So, not sure if it is related to the app config.

But I would say, the brew pressure is not quite stable. I would like to think that if it is adjusted to 9psi that the machine will keep it at 9psi all the time. But it doesn't seem to do that. Is yours the same?

#110: Post by MTN Gert (original poster) »

My understanding talking to Siminelli is that the power management setting is disabled on the 110v models. I'm curious if that is true or not.

Brew pressure I believe is stable the same as all rotary pump machines. I think the pump pressure sensor doesn't always show accurately in the app. It usually floats around 7-8.5 bar for me. I think it's really only good to see what the max pressure hits for setting the pump. I think someone will have to eventually hook up a portfilter pressure gauge to compare in app pressure vs real world mechanical gauge

Still the best latte art machine I have used. I call it the Bob Ross