Grouphead gasket for 1991 Pasquini Livietta / Olympia Maximatic

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marc PS

#1: Post by Marc PS »

Hello! I am a newbie and need help locating a group head gasket for my machine (actually its Pasquini Livietta, first two digits of serial number 91). I've measured the head and it appears I have the larger group head. Can anyone help? Orphan espresso only has the small gasket and when I ordered from them they shipped the wrong item so I'm not even sure they have the gasket at all.

Secondly, if I could get the size OD X ID X X (thickness) from the original machine specifications, I understand the gasket is an o-ring type (correct me if I'm wrong), I found an O-ring supplier that provides FDA compliant O-rings, which work with coffee (Oringsusa.com). Would this resource be a good alternative if another gasket supplier for the machine cannot be found?

Thanks for all the feedback!

Marc

wreckfish

#2: Post by wreckfish »

Check out cerinicoffee.com

Looks like they have 2 gasket sizes for the maximatic which I think is the same?

Good luck!

Cafedenda

#3: Post by Cafedenda »

Are we talking about the group head to portafilter gasket? The one I got from OE is a flat type gasket.

I ran across the large 55 or 54 mm group tonight while looking for other stuff.

OD measured from the group head: 66.5 mm (the gasket is tricky to measure but I also got 66.5 mm)

width from gasket: 5 mm
thickness from gasket: 5.7 mm

Marc PS (original poster)

#4: Post by Marc PS (original poster) »

Thanks for the replies they are a great help. I'm pretty sure an o-ring will not work after viewing the cerinicoffee.com and seeing the measurements. Looks like I'll need to order from cerinicoffee. Last step towards great espresso again.

Cafedenda

#5: Post by Cafedenda »

The used 49mm group that I bought from OE came with an oval gasket with added thickness. It could've been original.

Marc PS (original poster)

#6: Post by Marc PS (original poster) »

Hello - I received a replacement gasket from Stefano's Espresso Care
www.espressocare.com
where they had noted it worked for older Pasquini Livietta models. I'm happy to report the gasket worked perfectly. No more leaking porta filter. I also confirmed I have the larger group head on my machine. All good things to know.

Thanks for all the input.

Marc