Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
In terms of espresso technology, a simplified definition of PID = an electronic brew temperature controller. There's tons of information on proportional integral derivative controls (PID). Below are a few introductions:
- What is PID - short and sweet, not overly technical.
- PID controller - Wikipedia's definition. More technical, a little more on the mathematics. A number of good links to more information.
- Me Be PID - Randy Glass' take on the subject.
- Murph's Silvia PID Page - extremely well documented step-by-step instructions with parts list.
- Cliffnotes for PIDing an Amica / Zaffiro - my own experimentation.
- Bionic Zaffiro - Marshall's documentation of Michael Teahan's transformation of a stock Isomac.
Thanks, I skimmed these and will study them closely later. You always seem to have the needed information right on your finger tips. Posting this in FAQ would help as there must be others with the same question.