Getting La Marzocco Linea Mini. What to do first?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
z400central

#1: Post by z400central »

Upgrading from a HX to this machine. Should be a good learning curve on the steaming size.

What should I do first?
- Adjust the steam pressure down?
- Brew pressure?

Thanks!

jitters

#2: Post by jitters »

When I got mine 8 months ago, all I did was set the temp, filled with Crystal Geyser water, let it warm up, and pulled the first shot. Other than trying some different temperatures, I made no other adjustments. I have it set for 199.4F now and haven't changed it for a long time. If you like to tinker and tweak, there are plenty of ideas on the Linea Mini threads here, but the machine works great out of the box.

Beezer

#3: Post by Beezer »

I agree. I didn't do anything to the machine out of the box. Just fill up the reservoir with good water, plug it in, turn it on, let it warm up, and enjoy.

Of course, I did eventually plumb it in and add wood handles for style, but there's really no need to mess with the machine. It's already pretty great as it is.

Congratulations on the new machine!
Lock and load!

thecatch83

#4: Post by thecatch83 »

Exactly what I did....set it at 200, fill with water and start pulling the best shots you will ever taste! I did dial back the brew pressure to just under 12 bar at max start up and the steam pressure to 1.5. In addition, I have my LMLM set through a WeMo timer, and it reaches temp in approximately 10 minutes.

nuketopia

#5: Post by nuketopia »

Call a friend to help you get it off the pallet and up on the counter top.

Read the instructions.
Put water in it.
Plug it in.
Turn it on.
Purge it a little.
Put some more water in it.
Set the wheel on the side to about 200 degrees.
Make coffee, be happy.

jitters

#6: Post by jitters »

Quick off topic question to thecatch83....

I've been considering going WeMo. Did you have any issues using it with your LMLM?

Is this the one you have?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOEDJ9W/