Gaggia Gicar control board question

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
gor

#1: Post by gor »

Hi there
Does anyone know what the function of the adjustable jumpers/switches are?
The jumpers in question are labelled P2,P3,P4 and CN7.

Thank you for any help that you guys can give me.

gor (original poster)

#2: Post by gor (original poster) »

I could certainly work it out by using trial/error and observation. I am guessing that one or two of the switches would control the preinfusion on the first and second buttons on the touchpads. Apart from that, what else could there be that would require that sort of control?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

duke-one

#3: Post by duke-one »

Not much of an idea but have you tried Gicar's company website or e-mail them? I don't know off hand if they respond to consumer questions. Trial/error might let the smoke out.

Duke

jpboyt

#4: Post by jpboyt »

P2= On Tea function with pump
P2= Off Tea function alone
P3= On Aux function with pump
P3= Off Aux function alone
P4= On Fill function with pump
P4= Off Fill function alone

P1= On increased probe sensitivity (I believe).
And CN6 is the serial port +, -, RXD data in, and TRX data out. Txd and Rxd must be jumpered for the board to function.
jpboyt

gor (original poster)

#5: Post by gor (original poster) »

Thanks heaps for that info.
I put the new control board in the machine and everything works as it should. The old board needs to be looked at and I need to determine if it is worthwhile to fix it. At least I got the Gaggia 3 grp D90 working again. Another old beast saved from the scrapheap!
Once again thanks.

Here's a pic of the old beast.

Bigpaul

#6: Post by Bigpaul »

Looks good.

I am rebuilding a 3 gp D90 at the moment. I thought i was cruising till i discovered that the power lead has been removed from the machine. I have got another one but the switch is not wired as the diagram on the inside of the panel says it should be!!
Do you know how the switch should be wired? Do you have access to a wiring diagram?
Any help would be much appreciated.
regards

Paul