Flow control beneficial for me? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marmot

#11: Post by Marmot »

I have not found any direct confirmation of someone using the coffee sensor kit on a Quick Mill but a user on this forum apparently installed the Quick Mill kit on his ECM. If this is possible then the other kit should fit a Quick Mill machine. Also mushroom spare parts for a Quick Mill group are the same as for my Izzo so I guess it should work. I wonder if that guy on amazon had a different problem and attributed it to the new kit from coffee sensor?

63isme (original poster)

#12: Post by 63isme (original poster) »

That is a definite possibility since he did seem to be the only one with that complaint I really appreciate your input

JimH

#13: Post by JimH »

I have had a Coffee Sensor flow control device on my QM Alexia Evo for almost 2 years now and have yet to have any problems. It's only anecdata, but I haven't seen any design incompatibility that would make it not work on QM E-61 groupheads like mine.

Marmot

#14: Post by Marmot »

I think the kit from coffee sensor is the right choice since I have read complaints about the Quick Mill kit becoming hard to turn. On my kit from coffee sensor the were two handles. One was higher and you could flip the knob to the other side if clearance was a problem.

Marmot

#15: Post by Marmot »

You can get a coffee sensor kit from the espresso shop uk online shop. They ship to US and have a 27% discount but I think only today.

www.theespressoshop.co.uk

63isme (original poster)

#16: Post by 63isme (original poster) »

Thank you for that link, I just ordered one. Best deal I have seen so far!

Marmot

#17: Post by Marmot »

Yes, I also got a pressure profiling kit for my Pavoni ;)
I'm looking forward to hear from your experience with the kit!

63isme (original poster)

#18: Post by 63isme (original poster) »

Time to start some research so hopefully I'll be up to speed when it arrives. It was funny trying to explain to my wife what it was I had purchased :D To be fair, she has come a long way from "you're weighing your coffee"?

ZombiEE

#19: Post by ZombiEE »

Hi 63isme,

With Flow Control it is easier prevent chanelling.
My daily routine now is to set it to approximately 6 ml/s, gentler flow on the puck.
I have had Coffee Sensor one for a brief moment and replaced it with Profitec without installing the stiffer spring.
Hello...

Marmot

#20: Post by Marmot »

What machine are you using it on? And what difference do you detect between both flow control devices?